Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Celebrating first harvest from the garden

Options
AZRP
AZRP Posts: 10,116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked the first tomatoes today so it won't be long until fresh salsa and bruschetta. So to celebrate I made fresh semolina pasta with basil pesto, tomato slices and BS chicken breasts marinated in mango juice, soy, and honey. -RP
IMG_1070Small.jpg
IMG_1072Custom.jpg

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Excellent RP. Maybe some fresh mozzarella and Balsamic vinegar?
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Those round red things, great for letting them set around a few extra days then throwing at cars. Then the people have to wash the acid off the cars quick. At least that is what I have heard. :woohoo:

Nice pasta, what kind of machine?

Mike
  • AZRP
    Options
    The KA stainless roller set. -RP
  • AZRP
    Options
    In the next couple weeks we will be sick of fresh tomatoes but dayum they sure tasted good tonight. -RP
  • Firestarter21
    Options
    Wow RP, that looks great! You are really encouraging me to look into the accessories for the 200 lb kitchen aid my girlfriend has. That meal looks great, but the pasta looks amazing! Maybe I will get the pasta attachment for...July 4th??? :huh: :P :laugh:
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    My dad has 36 plants out.

Mike
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Made some bruschetta on the egg for the Big Green Egg Scramble at the World Pork Expo. I did some bacon in a cast iron skillet then put a light coat of olive oil on the french baguette. Toasted it on the egg then topped with roma, blue cheese, bacon, lettuce, basil, minced garlic and a tad of olive oil. Pretty tasty.
  • AZRP
    Options
  • AZRP
    Options
    Don't get the plastic one, get the stainless rollers, about $90. They are well worth the price, really quality equipment. It just dawned on me tonight that I haven't made pasta for at least 4 years, and figured it was about time. I learned how to make it watching Mario Batali and it comes out fantastic. -RP
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    I sent off soil sample and said I needed more pot ash so just put out 50 lbs. Guess it was to much as burned 1/2 the garden up. Had to replant a lot of it and the other half was stunted. Still have a few till there ready. Squash is coming off good. Pasta looks great!
  • FearlessGrill
    Options
    Nice. I'm jealous.

Where are you? Here in Mass, my garden is off to a slow, bordering on no, start. I've gotten a few strawberries, but that's about it. My tomato plants are less than 1 foot high, my peppers and cukes have done nothing since I put them in the ground, and my eggplants mostly died. The broccoli started to grow a bit this week.

I had a great harvest of New England's best crop, rocks, when I planted, and the weeds are doing great. :(

-John
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    i had one small cherry tamater that was ready yesterday.
    yours look good.

herbs i have. five sweet basil plants, purple-ruffled basil, couple globe basils, thai basils, lemon basil....

parsley/rosemary/tarragon/dill waist high. veritable bush of a couple different oreganos, sage and thyme out the wazoo.

no veggies yet though. the japanese eggplant looked like the runt of the litter, then shot up in a week, surpassing the 'regular' eggplant. teeny little asparagus came up and grew a foot in a day.

hope we can get something from them all and avoid pests and vermin (flashback bob, fer instance)
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike
    Options
    where are you in mass? another guy and I are about a mile apart here in wakefield, with some other guys sprinkled around andover and methuen, attleboro... etc.
  • stike
    Options
    i'd have about 100 pounds of pot ash around here if i saved it up over time... usually just flush it down the toilet before i take the towel out from under the door.
  • Ross in Ventura
    Ross in Ventura Posts: 7,234
    Options
    Randy,
    Sweet, home made pasta grilled chicken and homegrown tomatoes doesn't get better than that
    My Best,
    Ross
  • AZRP
    Options
    In AZ so ahead of y'all by quite a bit. -RP
  • FearlessGrill
    Options
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Pasta looks good, but it does need some reggiano cheese. :lol: I thought your growing season would last the majority of the year out there.
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    Damn Randy! Nice looking meal.

I haven't made homemade pasta since I gave an old girlfriend a pasta machine about 25 years ago. I remember enjoying making and especially consuming the fresh pasta, and I loved the fact that it cooks in seconds. :woohoo:
  • AZRP
    Options
    Look close at the pasta on the plate, its covered in reggiano. -RP
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    I saw it. I was joking!
  • Angie2B
    Angie2B Posts: 543
    Options
    I have three baby tomatoes and lots of blooms. I am about ready with a zuchini though. Yeah! Your pasta looks delish. :)