Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Father's day change of menu

Options
lowercasebill
lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ramdom005.jpg

yes that is a full size gin bottle. and yes the martini glass is that big, the tooth pick is 5½ inches long and the olives are extra large which is why older son is out getting sushi for dinner. fresh caught salmon and strips will have to wait. miss my dad, hug yours if you can.
bill

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Umm, I'm rather relaxed just now, but that martini still looks pretty good...

Gave my dad a big T-bone. He said "How am I supposed to cook this horse?" Then he wrapped it up and said "Me and your uncle should be able to finish this."

I joked "Its just a snack."
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    GOOD!!! best of father's day to you your dad and your uncle. the sushi was not good so pics of sirloin, salmon and asparagus will be up soon
    bill
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    bill I know you don't have your dad but at least you got your kids and I know they love you. Take comfort in that. Gave mine a card to the meat market for a big stake!lol BTW that martini is nastey!! Vodaki yea but not pine needles!!! :pinch:
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    juniper berries not pine needless, not that they taste any different. twice a year. quick change dinner posted soon
  • jamiemeyer
    jamiemeyer Posts: 97
    Options
    with a beverage like that, I think I would go for the sushi as well. Cooking on the grill may not be safe after that one.
    The question is - can you make it through another one???
  • Stanley
    Stanley Posts: 623
    Options
    Bill,

This father woke up this morning thinking about being a father. Nothing wrong with that - woke up to a wonderful, heartfelt e-mail from my daughter, on the opposite coast from me, followed by a phone call from her. Pretty special. But I'm a bit ashamed to say I didn't even think about being a son until I read your post. Yes, I wish oh so much that I could hug my dad and give him what my daughter gave me today. I sent him my thoughts and my appreciation of him as the best dad. Thanks so much for triggering that in me!
  • Unknown
    Options
    glad i could do that.
    bill
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Dear bill, I know your feeling, I lost my Dad (Beli 1) a long time ago, and my 2 year old (Beli 3) last year to a nasty health condition called Billiary Atresia, In the end he needed a liver transplant and after waiting for a year and not finding a donnor my wife & I decided to do all the protocol, about 6 months of tests and studies, and in the end I was choosenI as a suitable donnor so we went ahead with the transplant a 24 hr. operation 13 hrs his and 11 hrs. mine...everything came out great was able to celebrate his 2 years old party...but then due to his inmunodeficiency condition he got a deadly virus and after some days he passed away......something I just have not been able to get over....trying to get all the faith and gather all the strength needed.....My life had been almost perfect up to that point.....almost too perfect in all aspects..... so the blow was terrible. trying to live each day at a time...I am blessed with a wonderful wife and a precious 5 year old girl Valeria, so I thank God for that........anyway bill.....back on the forum.......loved your change of menu :) ....... sometime we must get together and invite JL as well.....Saludos!!!!

FamiliaEne07.jpg