Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where'd the tables go?

jrterrier
jrterrier Posts: 37
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First off, Happy Fathers Day to all you cool dudes...

Well fellas, one leg of my stand for my cooker decided to get tired and lay down on the job. Luckily, it did no damage, just collapsed. My DH says it was from the dog visiting it one too many times. :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, we are putting plans together to start building a wooden one. :woohoo: I can't find the old plans that were available as that is a good place to start, and we can "build" on those... yep, pun intended!

So if anyone knows of where I can find those plans, I sure would appreciate it... (sorry, there is no kissy face available and that is what I want right now!)

Thanks in advance, as we are going to be running off to buy supplies asap!

Bonnie

Comments

• Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Just google Naked Whizz and you will find plans and pics of tables there
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Are you saying that your dog turned the tables on you?

;)B) :side:
  • jrterrier
    jrterrier Posts: 37
    I guess you could put it that way. :laugh:

This ole thing came with a metal cart. It was rusty but still had some chrome when we got it. It is now solid brown/red with an unrepairable broken leg. The casters have not turned nor swiveled in a way long time.

I found the table photos, and the plans. I have a set of the plans here somewhere, but yah know how it goes when you want something you saved. It'll show up in a week or so. Just when we don't need them anymore.

How have drawers worked for those few who have put them in their table? Did you have problems with the wood swelling and shrinking, causing the drawer to stick? I figure castor style drawer tracks will just rust away like that leg. :blink:

Well, time to go take a look see at what lumber we can use that we already have, and make plans for more new stuff and a shopping trip.

I wonder if we will give up on the big ideas that we have and are mulling around!

Bonnie
  • Chuck_K
    Chuck_K Posts: 47
    Bonnie,
    I am a new egger but a longtime woodworker. I am in the process of building a custom table for my egg. I am putting two drawers in the top. They are going to have 20" full extension ball bearing slides. There should be little problem with rust. One a year they will get pulled out, sprayed with WD40, then a light coating of light oil put on them.

Yes group, I know. No pictures, it did not happen. They will come later.
  • This is not as good as TNW, but it's from the BGE website - http://www.biggreenegg.com/pdf/tableplansLarge.pdf

this is what my basic frame looked like. It's mahogany, 2x4 legs, 2x4's below the Egg and 1x4 (decking) everywhere else.
    08-07003.jpg

Yhe thing that really helped me was TNW photo documentary of the process:
    http://www.nakedwhiz.com/cart.htm

Have fun!