Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig at Fairfax Whole Foods

ViennaJack
ViennaJack Posts: 357
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just got back from the Whole Foods store in Fairfax, where I had the chance to meet Nature Boy, KennySmash and Mad Max. There were three Eggs going and a steady stream of interested customers. I stocked up on some Dizzy Pig rubs and picked up a few for my son out in Seattle. They were just getting started when I was there, so if you're in the neighborhood, stop by!

Here are a few pics, enjoy!

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    max needs to get his legs out in the sun more :P

man i am hoping they are going to sell well for whole foods ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Wouldn't you just know it that there had to be a handsome blonde in any photo of Max?
  • run4jc
    run4jc Posts: 107
    Greetings from a fellow 'Viennan' (is that a word?) Just bought my large at Nicholas Fire and Chimney last
    Saturday - getting ready to do my first 3 pork butts. Practiced on pork loins, chicken, sausage and tuna. Going to post photos of the 'pork butt progress' later. Meanwhile, Dizzy Pig is located in Fairfax, yes? Is their stuff good?
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Funny, I always invisioned him as the avant-garde of the Max Factor movement! I guess my scope was a bit blemished...
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Yes and Yes, good luck on your cook! -RP
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 28
    Dizzy Pig rubs are super.

I'd suggest going to the Dizzy Pig web site and reading about the different rubs available. The web site does a good job pairing rubs with food. (He has a few recipes too.) Then go to the Whole Foods Market and buy what you need based on what you are cooking (plus a few more just to try).

Scott
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    I see Max giving that guy the hard sell. The guy will be better off for it, that's for sure.

Good to see them not having to contend with a downpour, at least.
  • UnConundrum
    UnConundrum Posts: 536
    Darn shame, I just called my son to send him over to root the guys on, and he says the skys just opened up with a storm :-/ Good thing they have cover... hope the winds aren't too high.
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Great pics! Didn't recognize Max without the chili pants.

LR
  • ViennaJack
    ViennaJack Posts: 357
    run4jc wrote:
    Greetings from a fellow 'Viennan' (is that a word?) Just bought my large at Nicholas Fire and Chimney last
    Saturday - getting ready to do my first 3 pork butts. Practiced on pork loins, chicken, sausage and tuna. Going to post photos of the 'pork butt progress' later. Meanwhile, Dizzy Pig is located in Fairfax, yes? Is their stuff good?

Congratulations on your new Egg. Yes, Dizzy Pig is in Fairfax and their rubs are exceptional!

Tonight I grilled some zucchini, squash and eggplant slices direct on the grill with some olive oil and Dizzy Pig "Shakin' The Tree" that I picked up today at Whole Foods, and the rub was delicious on those veggies.