Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LOBSTER

Rich
Rich Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
LOBSTER RECIPE PLEASE!! SAW A RECENT THREAD BUT, TOO EXCITED TO SEARCH. JUST CAUGHT 10 1.5 POUNDERS
THANKS

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Rich,[p]Go to this URL
    [ul][li]Dwell in the Shell[/ul]
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    lobster.jpg
    <p />RICH, check out the link. Never tried it, but have only heard goo things about it.[p]BTW - you really don't have to shout to get help on this forum. Sending a message in all caps on the web is comparable to shouting and also harder to read :~}
    [ul][li]Houndog's Dwell in the Shell - BBQ Lobster[/ul]
  • Gfw
    JJ, I should have read your post before answering - now he has two links to check out - although I have heard that the recipe is twice as good as any other![p]Off topic - I got quoted in today's Wall Street Journal - not about BBQ, but what I really do for a living. Oh well - it's still kind of neat.

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Gfw,
    e-mail me the quote in the WSJ. Would like to see it.
    BTW, the recipe is a great one. Have used it several times.

• Basselope
    Basselope Posts: 102
    GFW,
    E-mail hell, post that sucker so we can all see it.

• Gfw
    Basselope, the quote appears in the middle of an article dealing with distributions from an IRA before age 59.5 and escaping the penalty tax. Unfortunately, I live in a cicy that doesn't get the weekend edition of the WSJ (and the article is copyright WSJ), so here is the quote from the middle of the article, online edition. START...[p]'What to do? Gordon F. Weis, director of pensions and advanced marketing at Illinois Mutual Life in Peoria, Ill., points out that the IRS last year, in a private ruling, found that the petitioner could recalculate an annual withdrawal "based on an updated account balance as of the close of the preceding year," among other requirements.[p]In other words, if your savings were taking a beating, you wouldn't be tied to a fixed withdrawal.[p]There's one catch: You must declare your intent to recalculate "at the outset" of a 72(t) -- when you're putting your plan in writing, says Mr. Weis. (You will have to file a request with the custodian of your IRA to begin early withdrawals.) Given the current climate in the stock market, "if you're thinking about starting [early withdrawals], give the recalculation concept serious consideration," says Mr. Weis, who also operates an extensive Web site dedicated to 72(t) plans (http://72t.net).'[p]END[p]The site (http://72t.net) is a labor of love and a place to keep my mind active - in other words, I make no money - I just have fun.[p]Life is GOOD! :~}[p]
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Gfw,[p]Congrats! I hope you were satisfied with the overall accuracy of the article.[p]I was featured in WSJ, a few years back, in an article on outdoor cooking toys. After the photographers left, the reporter concocted an incredibly distorted storyline from bits and pieces of several lengthy phone conversations I had with her. It was so phony it was comical.[p]Oh well, at least for a moment in time, even a low life like me got a little notoriety hehehe.[p]K~G

• Gfw
    KennyG, it was very close - the author read it to me over the phone prior to publishing and I had the ability to say no/yes.[p]I stand in good company (now I know at least one other person - at least by BBQ forum) - it wasn't about BBQ, but who can complain about getting quoted in the WSJ![p]Life is GOOD :~}