Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick intro to new person posting

Buck i Nuts
Buck i Nuts Posts: 65
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello. I have had my Big Green Egg since Eggtoberfest 07. Bente turned me onto this incredible cooking machine back in 04, but finally got smart and bought one. Thanks to him and all of you on the forum, I have been like Frank Sinatra.....Mistakes...I've made a few...ha!
I used to post on the other site, but another transfer with my wife Suzan's company and it put the brakes on that. I used to post on the old forum under "otherwise" but I now go with what I love....My Ohio State Buckeyes.....(enough bashing and laughing SEC fans) I love them no matter what. Since most of my life was in Ohio, what can I say. Buck i Nuts hopefully conveys my favorite football team in college. Pro's will always be Pittsburgh Steelers since I lived right in the middle of Cincinnati and Cleveland and I love to get on them. My parents are Browns fans and uncle is Bengals. Can't help them there :lol:

I hope to continue to get some much needed help becoming a better Egger so I can help others on the forum in the future. Once I get my Guru in a couple of weeks, I will need a whole lot of help. One question if you made it this far....where can I find some other lumps to try besides RO? I saw some on Naked Whiz, but have never seen any of them. Any recommendations on others to try would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and I hopefully will be up watching my "fatty" slow cook for my first one for my new job at State Farm...they are in for a "BIG GREEN EGG SURPRISE" ! :evil: :laugh: :lol: :cheer: Probably be asking me to cook lunch after that ! Bye Bye gas....The Egg has arrived ! Thanks everyone !

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Be careful Padawan lunch will not be all you will be asked too cook.

I just did a company picnic for 118 people.

Welcome to the cult er.. Family..
  • :ohmy: you are probably right...I look forward to that one....I will do a pulled pork, and maybe some ribs and have them eating out of the palm of my hands, er EGG...Thanks for the heads up ! HOW on earth did the Celtics come all the way back from 24 down?! :ohmy: :woohoo: unreal....only three min. left?
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    A store called GFS in Cool Springs, next to Costco has Nature's Own (read review on TNW site). $10.49 for 20 lbs. I really like it.
    Green Hills Whole Foods has their own brand (made by Cowboy) for $2.99-8.8 lbs.
    FWIW if you are up for a short road trip.

Go Vols and Titans! :P
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Don't ask me. If they can't pronounce celtic right I don't care :woohoo:

If Kobi wasn't so arrogant and cocky things might have been different.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    $2.99-8.8 lbs.

WOW!!!! Stock up at that price.

GG
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    I was shocked- considering how much everything else in there costs.

Walt
  • Grandpas Grub
    Good to have ya postin and look forward to some good reports.

GG
  • :woohoo: CELTICS WIN BY 6 ! :laugh: :laugh: :evil: poor LA 3-1 hole
  • Grandpas Grub
    I was shocked seeing your post!!! I get excited when I see 8# for 5.50 or 6 bucks.

Kent
  • Thanks for the heads up ! I am Buckeyes and Steelers, but that's cool...Love to watch Lady Vols play. We have a GFS here in Murfreesboro. I will have to check it out, sounds like a good price! If you recommend it that is much appreciated ! Thanks ! :cheer:
  • I'll do my best to give back what I have learned from all of you....I've seen some great posts from you and appreciate it more than you know. It's great to have people to look up to who have been thru a lot and know how to help ! Thank you...I will look for your help when I get my guru in a couple of weeks :woohoo: :woohoo: ;)
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Welcome to the fold! I've only been cooking on the BGEs since last October, also, but have been cooking on other things (gas, kettle, smoker) for years before. Wish that I'd picked up one sooner...

I came to TX from Jacksonville, so I suppose that you'd be my old AFC Central rival, with everyone in your area liking teams from that old division :P it's all good! Anything NFL-related is good, I say--can't wait for the pre-season!

I picked up a DigiQ from the BBQ Guru rep who was here in Austin earlier this year, and I must say that it is one of the neatest inventions for cooking on a BGE, or on anything else it'll attach to for that matter. I read the review on The Naked Whiz's site a few times before settling on that unit. There were several accounts by fellow Eggheads about the Stoker, but I was really sold by what the DigiQ could do after reading the in-depth review. Now, I won't do a low-and-slow without one, unless of course the power is out (happened once so far)

Football soon--yay!
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Welcome back. And thanks to the Buckeyes for providing our SEC bretheren an easy fight for the big National games.
  • Thanks so much for the response. There's only two seasons....football season...and waiting for football season! :lol: I appreciate everyone helping one another out here on the forum. I gather the Jags are your team. A good friend of mine works for Blue Cross Blue Shield in Jacksonville. Keep me posted on your DigiQ and I will for sure let you know about BBQ Guru (maybe it's the same..I get mixed up it's early !) Take care ! Michael
  • HungryNephew
    HungryNephew Posts: 267
    Don't forget a Basketball National Championship too!

Go Gators!
  • :angry: :P Ok, thanks for the jab....you will have a great football team this year, but due to the SEC...you won't go unscathed ! GO BUCKS ! Thanks for the post...I love to talk football and love to cook on my egg....time to goto work and spoil my coworkers with my egg food.....Breakfast....Fatty, Hot Habanero Cheddar Cheese ! and crackers ! YUM !
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Nice to see you here. I didn't put it together who you were until this post!

Coming down to Atlanta in October?
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Haha! Small world, Michael--I came to Texas to work for a certain computer company out of Round Rock after I'd been an engineer over at BCBS in Jax. I was with those guys for about a year, and helped them out with their server evaluations, Windows 2000 migration, and the move to the Deerwood Complex from the downtown tower. That was a mess, especially during the asbestos abatement :(

Yes, I'm a big Jaguars fan, and was there in Jax when they were selected as the 32nd team. All of a sudden, there were these new businesses popping up around town: Jaguar _____ (fill in the blank) I had to laugh when I read about the two seasons. It's true!

Almost there, man...
  • :laugh: :angry: I see how you are....that's ok, I know we were ready for a rematch in the NIT Finals, but...oh, wait, you guys lost to the team we "destroyed" in the finals...oh well, maybe next year ! I love Buckeye Football the most and don't mind a jab here and there...I am not vicious at all.....just a true fan no matter what....in the heart of SEC country no less...takes some brass "ones" to live here... :evil: Thanks for the post and happy eggin
  • Yes, I am coming to Eggtoberfest for sure ! I am trying to lobby for a SM Egg but I am having justification problems with the wife....she doesn't think we need one, but I beg to differ...would be great to travel with.....I'll keep working on her ! Thanks for the reply. Please remind me who you are so I don't feel so "dumb" when I talk to you ! See ya soon !
    Did Bente tell you about the egg thing we had in GA back on May 30, 31? At the Spa place it was AWESOME !
  • Fidel
    Ummmm...yea, I cooked next to Terry and you sat in one of my chairs all day ;)

Is it all coming back to you yet?
  • givehim6
    givehim6 Posts: 22
    I've only been using the Egg for 3 weeks and I'm hopelessly hooked.

As a third generation VOL I look forward to another game with you guys - it's been awhile since that rainy Citrus Bowl
  • :laugh: :lol: :woohoo: I am excited. We are working on getting tickets to the December 21st game in Nashville where my Steelers are playing the Titans, it's four days after my birthday ! Hopefully it's a good move for you and you are happy ! When we moved from Chattanooga to Murfreesboro last month, the relocation company sent out a guy (I'm not kidding) to specifically build a crate from scratch to transport my LG Egg ! It was the coolest thing ever ! I have the pix on my camera phone, but not sure how to get them off to my computer or I would post. If you have verizon text, I can send a pix, it's pretty cool ! Take care and thanks for the post...hope to meet you in Oct...
  • Uh...yeah ! Feel like Butthead.... :lol: Yeah, that was an awesome time ! I really would like to cook next year. Nice calm atmosphere. I am trying to remember the older guys name that took pix. He said he'd post them to my email, but to no avail....Maybe I will catch him on the forum...Thanks again ! Hope to see you at least by Eggtoberfest !
  • You've got that right ! I really enjoy watching Pat Summitt and the Lady Vols...they are a treat to watch, but I am a true Buckeye Football fan...there's only two seasons....football season, and waiting for football season ! GO BUCKS ! Thanks for the post and hope to meet you at Eggtoberfest ! If you are in TN, let me know where...I was in Chattanooga, but not next to Nashville in Murfreesboro !
  • Fidel
    Send me an e - I have the photos that Mike (fieroguy) took. I can forward them to you.
  • (cannondalemike2003@yahoo.com) is a good one to send. I can see that at home and not have to wait to get to work. Thanks very much for getting photos from Fieroman....I take is he owns one right? I'll have to get the story behind that one ! :woohoo: :lol: