Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

babybacks

Options
RAK
RAK Posts: 27
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Today, I am having company for dinner. I am doing 6 racks of babybacks. My problem is timing. I will be gone from 1-4:40 pm. Dinner is at 6. Can I put on the ribs and keep them low and slow while I am gone, and foil them at the last, or just sauce and serve? I usually like the 3-1-1, but don't think it will work with my time schedule. I am doing a dry rub. Times and temps please.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Rak,
    We cook BB at 235º for 4 hours sometimes slightly longer indirect. If you when you get back the BBs have stalled you could foil to finish glazing the last 30 mins.
    Jim

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Rak,[p]I've never left ribs unattended that long but if I were in your situation I would get the egg going a good 1.5-2 hours before leaving and make sure the target temperature is absolutely stable before putting the ribs on and driving away.
    To be safe I'd go with some sort of indirect setup in case the temp chose to rise anyway and shoot for a temp no higher than 225. Put the ribs on about 45 mins before 1:00 and again make sure the temp has stabalized before leaving.
    Check them when you get back and determine where you need to go from there.
    Good Luck![p]WD