Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small or mini????

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Which would be a better egg to have, a small or mini, and why? and what would be the uses for each of them?

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 189
    Rocko,
    I have a large and a small. I use my small mainly for camping. Its not too heavy so I can travel with it and its just big enough to cook a decent size meal. Although the mini is lighter I dont think I would be able to cook the things I like to cook while camping.[p]Tom

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Rocko, a large!
    [/b]
  • hounddog
    hounddog Posts: 126
    On our experience, the better choice would be the small. It is large enough to where you can still do a pretty good slow cook on most things. The mini is really mini. And from what I have found, it is excellent at hot grilling, but it is too small to do much slow. [p]At the same time, I agree with Mop. Get the biggest one you can afford, even if it hurts a little.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    drbbqmini.jpg
    <p />Rocko,
    I have a small, and love it. The mini is cool too, and is great if you teach a BBQ class like drbbq.[p]Warning, objects in this picture are closer than they appear![p]Beers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Nature Boy,ahhhhhhh man, just when I thought I have seen it all you come out with a pic like that.....LOL, I`m on the floor trying to get up from that one...thanks...LOL
    Great photo, it doesn`t get any better than that![p]Mop
    [/b]
  • Rocko,
    Go with the small. I love my large for lo & slo and pizza and many other things, but ya can't beat the small for nuking and sandwiches. Another consideration is the mini only has a 9" diameter grill - look at a ruler and you should get an idea just how little cooking space you'll have.

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Rocko, to determine you need to consider:
    1. What other ceramic cookers do you have? If none, get a small.
    2. Where will the grill stay? How often will you want to carry it with you? If always at home, get the small.
    3. How many people do you want to cook for at one time? If more than 2, get the small.[p]Basically, I think the mini is great for gift giving; a second or third one to have around; something to take camping or on trips with you; but otherwise get a small. I have a mini but I also have a large and a medium.

• Rocko,
    They have a micro too.[p]For those who like to cook one breakfast sausage link at a time. [p]All in good fun...:-P

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Nature Boy,[p]"Honey I shrunk the egg"[p]That is a killer photo.[p]Mick