Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest

Options
Tom
Tom Posts: 189
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When is the next eggtoberfest? I will be camping late october and might be near atlanta. Might drop in to see some of you guys show off your egging skils.[p]Tom

Comments

• Tom
    Options
    Tom,
    Oops didnt see the details above. Ok how much is it and what events are scheduled?[p]Tom

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Tom,[p]I think it's usually very cheap (~$35/person). As for events, there's usually a meet and greet on the Friday evening followed by an all day food and drink fest on Saturday. In Atlanta, I think there's usually a Sunday brunch, too.[p]You should go. I've been to the last three Eggfests in Maryland and they've all been great.[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• Tom
    Options
    Cornfed,
    Ill be camping that weekend I believe. I might drive over to spend the day.[p]Tom

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Tom, in the past it has been $25/person unless you were cooking. The events are a reception on Friday night where you can figure out who fits their forum handle and who does not (clue: NatureBoy wears clothes) and then on Saturday is the main event. Starting at 9:00 in the morning you can watch 8 large BGE get used to create delicious (yes, you get to eat) food. Some of the events are repeating (Spin's Clams had to be repeated about 5 times before I was able to snatch one; Bruce's Naan was done at least three times) and some are one time affairs (RhumandJerk's ribs on the mini went faster than I could have imagined; Puj's turkey got press conference coverage). Somewhere around 3:00 the cooking starts winding down (by 5:00 everyone is making their way out) and then the group goes back to the hotel and begs JJ to make more mint julips. Oh, there is also a drawing and a few introductions and just a general good time. Over the day you can expect to see probably 50 or so different items cooking on the eggs. It's spectacular.[p]If you want a real treat, there is also a company that does bi-plane rides right there at the restaurant. Make a reservation and go for a ride.

• Chef Arnoldi
    Chef Arnoldi Posts: 974
    Options
    Tom, i can hardly wait to meet everyone. I am stil debating if i should cook something - maybe do some home made sausages ?
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Wise One,
    LOL.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ