Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Testimonial

Options
Kelly Keefe
Kelly Keefe Posts: 471
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What with all the talk last weekend about pulled pork I said I was going to cook one up Monday. Well, one thing led to another and I didn't get around to doing it until today. What makes this story interesting is that around 2PM this afternoon we had one king hell of a storm coming whipping through Central MO. (Right, Steve-O?) We're talkin' 60MPH winds and it rained so hard, so fast, that the daisy wheel slider top (which was sitting on the patio) was half submerged cause the water couldn't run off fast enough! Mr. Large never missed a tick (although I'm glad the Mini wasn't in use since the water was high enough to come in through the bottom vent). The butt turned out just great. In fact, if the wife doesn't get home soon all she's going to find is me laying in the middle of the dining room floor stuffed to the gills on pulled pork -- grin![p]So for those of you wondering if you can cook successfully in a howling rain, the answer is: Yes.[p]Kelly Keefe
Jefferson City, MO

Comments

• Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Options
    Kelly,
    We got some heavy rain and a little wind but nothing like you guys got south and west of us. We sure needed the rain, but it would have been nice if it could have come a little slower and more spread out.[p]I have read a lot about butts and brisket and have those in my long range plan for the egg. Right now I'm just trying to get down the basics, and having a lot of fun doing it. Much of what has made it so fun is being able to read about things on the forum, then try them out and finally to be able to report back to the forum and get feedback on what I did. What a great bunch of people!!

• Gator1
    Gator1 Posts: 37
    Options
    Steve-O and Kelly,
    That same storm front came through Evansville and the lightning fried a Radio Station and half the computer network in my Reserve Center. We got a LOT of rain with it. I had a brisket on the meduim and it kept a rock steady 230 through the whole thing!
    Jim[p]