Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Atomic Buffalo Turds on on the half shell

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ABTonPlatter.JPG
<p />New variation on this classic.
Soak skewers for 30 minutes in hot water
16 Jalapeños
1 Brick Cream Cheese
6 Large stuffed Olives
Left over Smoked meat
Rub and Mrs. Dash to taste[p]De-stem the Jalapeños and slice in half then de-seed.
Put the cream cheese, olives, rub and Mrs. Dash in Cuisinart and cream. Then add heaped handful of chopped up smoked meat and pulse till just combined.
Fill half shell with mixture, top with some smoked meat (optional) wrap in bacon and skewer.
Smoke for 30 minutes at 300 indirect, I like Cherry smoke with these. No need to turn over if smoked indirect.
~Teddy Bear

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    ~Teddy Bear,
    Sounds eggcellent! (Even though I know that yours weren't on a ceramic, but hey that's ok by me!)[p]I had tried ABT's only once before, and I used some extra thick sliced bacon. That was a big mistake, as it took too long to cook the bacon through, and by then the cheese had started running out all over the place.[p]I like the idea of running the goop all through the food processor, I'll give that a shot next time.[p]I'm thinking that next time I try these, I'll make one or two habanero ones as well. Then I can invite my guests to partake in a lil' "Stunt Eating" along with me...[p]Thanks for the reminder to try these again![p]bc
    Sammamish WA

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    bc,
    "Stunt Eating"! Now that sounds like fun. Most of my friends get goosey at the thought of a Jalapeño but I just get droolin' stoopid.

• Dec
    Dec Posts: 70
    Options
    bc,[p]I like to wrap bacon around things myself. In a pinch I use microwave ready bacon by Hormel. There is no fuss or clean-up. There are four pieces to a pack. Just heat half way through and wrap your items accordingly. Also works well fully cooked if added to beans or a late night omelet.[p]Dec

• Unknown
    Options
    bc,
    Once the patio is poured then I will be adding some new toys to the arsenal. Although I think the Webers are breeding ;) Just wanted to give a little back as I've got so many great ideas from this forum.
    ~TB