Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

poor chubby is distraught over smokey's lump??

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
just got off the phone with chubby.. . .had to talk him down off the ledge (fotunately the ledge is only 6 inches off the ground, so he wouldn't have done much damage if he'd jumped but that's not the point). . .he was still distraught over those pics that smokey posted earlier today of that funky round lump ...dare i call it. ..briquettes. ..there, i said it ...OHHH, the shame. ...

you know smokey, as a member of 'the tribe', you should know better. ..you know, when moses when up on mt. sinai, god wasn't burning no stinking briquettes. . .nope, he was burning good old natural hardwood bush, yep, burning right down till it was good old harwood lump. . .and as members of the 12 tribes, its been our duty, ney, our SACRED duty to continue that tradition to this day, to burn that natural lump, as our forefathers did before us, for all those generations. . .in some parts, this could even be grounds for excommunication from the tribe for you. . .

in the meantime, i'll keep the suicide watch over chubby tonight just to make sure he doesn't do anything rash. .. . .

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Thanks Max!

It was pretty dicey there for a minute!!
    I think I'm all better now...but I appreciate your continued concern!!

Back to your Biblical reference:

Can you immagine how dissapointing that "Fatted Calf" would'a tasted
    (at the Prodigal Son's Gig)...over Briquettes??!!!

That might have taken the shine of the ol' "Welcome Home"...for sure!!

Now...on to our Fallen Brother!

Chubby 3:16
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    It was last summer and the folks at Wicked Good asked me to test and sample their new "ALL NATURAL HARDWOOD BRIQUETTES". They claim NO additives, fillers or binders and is formed from the leftover stuff from their regular lump. They claim that it is formed only from pressure (a press with over 10,000 psi). Mind you I am no Naked Whiz, but when asked to test it, I was more than happy to do so.
    Please, can I have my member of 'the tribe' card back now!!!?
    P5210021.jpg
    I thought the stuff was good, but it is very dense and hard to light, but it burned a long time and have no weird smell to it.

Smokey
  • Angie2B
    Angie2B Posts: 543
    Options
  • Chubby
    Options
    Max...just re-read your post!!

Still funny!!! :P

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Chubby
    Options
    :whistle:
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    I am curious how did the amount of ash compare to lump?
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    the WG bricketts for more than a year and I don't find there's that much more ash than regular lump. It seems to burn FOREVER and it can burn VERY hot if that's what you want. I'use a MAPP torch to light it and it only takes a few moments more than regular lump to light.

My shed will always have 3 or 4 bags in it along with the rest of my WG products.

PS used it on a lo 'n' slo a couple of times and was quite pleased with the results. Loaded nearly a full bag carefully stacked and when all was said and don I'll bet I didn't burn 1/3 of the total bricketts that were loaded.