Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How much pork loin

Options
Steve-O
Steve-O Posts: 302
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I will be doing my first port loin tomorrow on my large BGE and am not at all sure how large a piece to buy. I will be cooking for six adults. What do you suggest? I don't mind have some left over, but want plenty for everyone.

Comments

• BarbieQ
    BarbieQ Posts: 41
    Options
    Steve-O,
    If they are carnivores I suggest about 3/4 lb. or more per person, or around 4 1/2+ pounds total. The pork police may say this is too much, but you won't be sorry. You will have some leftovers for sandwiches, which is a good thing. Good luck![p]Barb

• ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Options
    Steve-O,
    Here is a link to a pork loin experience with plenty to go around for all.
    I would guess about 3 or 4 pounds would be good but pork loin makes great leftovers.

[ul][li]Pork Loin[/ul]
  • Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Options
    ravnhaus,
    Thank you . I had already visited your site and that is part of the reason I decided to do the pork loin. It is also a favorite of my mom's. I plan to follow your cook as closely as I can and will try the blackberry filling this time around.

• ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Options
    Steve-O,
    The most important thing is don't overcook!
    Pull about 140 - 145° and let rest for about ten minutes.
    Good luck.