Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maple Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots

Options
vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks go to Diane Grogan for coming up with this culinary gem. Also, to Chris Capell
(Nature Boy) for posting this recipe on his website under customer recipes:

www.dizzypigbbq.com

Here it is straight from the website. The photos did not copy over but you can go to the website and see for yourself.

Maple Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots

This recipe was created by Diane Grogan (the better half of the championship BBQ Team "Jus' Fer Fun") for the 2008 Florida Eggfest in Ocala, Florida . Diane wanted something quick, easy and very tasty. She hit on all counts as my family and guests love the Maple Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots.

Ingredients:
Tater tots
Maple Bacon (not thick cut)
Dizzy Pig' s Shakin' the Tree
Wooden Toothpicks

Food Preparation:
Let tater tots thaw out for approximately 30 minutes until a toothpick can easily be passed through the tot. Do not let the tots sit out too long as they will crumble when trying to stick the toothpick in them.

Cut a piece of the Maple bacon into 3 equal strips. Wrap 1 piece of cut maple bacon around a tot and skewer with the toothpick.

Sprinkle Dizzy Pig's Shakin' the Tree over the wrapped tots. Wrap as many tots as you will need to feed your group.

Twenty to thirty tots is usually enough for 2 people and this will use approximately 1/2 pound of bacon.

Grill Preparation:

I cook the tots on a Big Green Egg. Cook the tots indirect using a plate setter at 350 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes or until the bacon is done.

Turn the tots after 30 minutes to get both sides of the bacon crisp. Sprinkle a little more Shakin' the Tree when you turn the tots.

When the maple bacon tots are done, remove from the grill and carefully remove the toothpicks. Place the cooked tots on a plate and let them sit for a few minutes so the bacon firms up.

Eat & enjoy...your guests will love them

Cooking tip:
I cook these a lot when cooking chicken wings. I put the maple bacon wrapped tots above the wings and the maple bacon drips on the wings. It just enhances the flavor of the wings.

Kim M. Youngblood
vidalia1

Back to Dizzy Pig Customer Recipe Index

... Home Contact Us. .About Dizzy Pig .. Dizzy Pig Products .. Competition Team . . Recipes .. News .. Testimonials . Links .. Dizzy Pig Canada

....Copyright 2005, Dizzy Pig® Barbecue Company. All images property of Dizzy Pig, LLC and any unauthorized use is prohibited.

Comments