Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Egg questions

Options
Gator1
Gator1 Posts: 37
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All,
I am just about ready to get a mini egg to take camping with me. I have heard lots of people say that the minis do really well with steaks. Will I be able to do low/slow cooking as well? My favorite thing to make on my medium egg is whole chicken. Would a small chicken fit or will I have to settle for parts? Thanks!
Jim

Comments

• Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Options
    gator1,
    I'm in the same boat as you - I want a second, smaller, egg to go with my large - one that I can take with me camping, etc. I would like to be able to more than just grill on it, however, especially for trout and pork chops. I saw the small BGE for the first time yesterday and really like it. Now I am really torn. The small has so much more capacity than the mini, and will let me do everything on it that I can do on my large, just on a slightly smaller scale. But, it will not be nearly as portable as the mini. So, I am really not at all sure, now, which one to get. I am anxious to hear what some of the more experienced "eggers" think.

• Gator1
    Gator1 Posts: 37
    Options
    Steve-O,
    I think we both have the same question for everybody: Is lugging the extra 30 pounds totally necessary?
    Jim

• Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Options
    gator1,
    Well, I guess that depends on which one you get! If I get the small, I still intend to take it camping with me. But, who knows, after a couple of trips doing that, I might decide that I still need the mini. Hmmmm - could be a way to justify to my wife having both a small and a mini!!