Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some pics from the Texas Eggfest

Beanie-Bean
Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Nice views of the friendly people in attendance, the lake, and our very own forum sentinel is featured as well.

IMG_0380.jpg
IMG_0382.jpg
IMG_0386.jpg
IMG_0390.jpg
IMG_0391.jpg
IMG_0396.jpg
IMG_0400.jpg

Comments

• man, if it wasn't for a bunch of fat texans picking their noses i'd have thought that was the french riviera!!. ..(of course if it was the french riviera, it would have been a bunch of fat frenchmen picking their butts!!) . .. .looks like a great venue!! and a great time. ...and with leroy and judy holding court, how can you go wrong!?!!? :woohoo:
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Just based on the pics, it looks like the fest is held at a nicer place than the Texas fest we got to enjoy....but then again..It's all good
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    It was a great, great event. The venue and the view was nothing less than superlative, as was the good company.

Bevo (Colin)
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Great pic's Mike, thanks for sharing. Looks like a great time

Pat
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Kim said the same thing, looks like the French Riviera. -RP
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Looks like a great time was had by all. How many eggs were being cooked on? No suprise that Leroy and Judy were in the middle of it all! Thanks for sharing the pics.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Hehe...good catch, Max. Both you and Kim are on the same wavelength there, noting the similarities to the French Riviera! Big'un--there were quite a few cookers going in parallel there. I peeked at a few of them, and YES there was food going in them! I can only imagine how long it took to assemble and transport all of them.

Yes, I'll be signing up for the cooking roster for the next pass, and hopefully there'll be some sort of ID thing there for everyone. I'm sure that I passed right by some of our folks from the forum, and maybe we'll meet again soon! I hadn't seen Jeeves in several months, either before today, and we live in the same neighborhood!

For everyone else still deciding on whether or not to go--definitely go. You'll have a blast out there and will get to meet some really nice folks and eat some great food!
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Loved the panoramic view...........plenty of open space to build a nice house on the shore
  • Angie2B
    Angie2B Posts: 543
    Hey Beli!, Where have you been? Have missed your posts. :)
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    I put up some pics I took (when I was not cooking).

http://www.texas-eggfest.com/Eggfest2008

What a day. It was great sharing Spring Chicken's Birthday yesterday. We missed many of the veteran Eggers. BBQ Outfitters had 37 eggs there and most folks signed up as non-cooks. It had me cooking all day.

8 Pork Tenderloins
    7 lbs. of Tri-Tip Steaks
    30 Johnsonville Brats
    20 Jalapeño Sausages
    20 Aidell's Mango Jalapeño Sausages
    7 lbs of Chicken Wings

Mrs. GrillMeister gave a TEU class on Portabella Pizza.

It was a fun event and I enjoyed heading home at 4:30 for a cold beer and a shower. :laugh:

Just a heads up. Texas Eggfest 2009 is on Saturday, April 25th.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    GrillMeister,

You were a real workhorse yesterday. We enjoyed meeting you and attending your TEU class on preparation of pork tenderloins. Joni and I will definitely be cooking next year.

I was glad to see TJV's woo-ring in action. I'm going to order one.

Thanks for all you have done for this event over the years. Although this was our first, we'll be back.

Bevo (Colin)
  • GrillMeister
    I was glad to see TJV's woo-ring in action. I'm going to order one.

Yeah, Tom's Woo2 Ring Rocks! It really adds to the flexibility of cooking on the egg. I had loads of people asking about it. Here's where they can find it.

http://www.eggaccessories.com/woo2_large.html

Tom, you are going to have to bring a bunch down here next year. You, Molly, Chubby, LawnRanger, OneShot, Chubby's Chick, PhotoEgg, BurntRaw, and a bunch of others were missed this year. The vacillating on the date did not help, but BBQ Outfitters already has next years date of April 25 picked. It will be much cooler next year.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Beanie-Bean
    Thanks for the pics!
  • Beanie-Bean
    GM,

Thanks for helping set this up, and for the pics, and also for announcing next year's date. I'll make plans now. Will it be at the Oasis again? Or another location?

P.S.--I'll let Lawn Ranger know to send you the commission when I order some goods from him.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Hi. there Angie, wife took us to Disney :laugh: ..loved the Dumbos :laugh: good to hear from you and your recovery...Un abrazo en este día!!!!!
  • GrillMeister
    I don't know if Bob at BBQ Outfitters will hold it at the Oasis or not. I will work with him to nail down a location soon so the planning can begin.

I recommended Emma Long Park on Lake Austin for next year. It's a big park and when folks get too hot, they can wander down and wade into the lake. It's a great venue, but it's missing running water through.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • TAF
    TAF Posts: 2
    I fear that the parking lot the Turkey Creek Shelter might be a limiting factor, as would the use of a City park for an event which sells alcohol. I do have a 55 gallon water drum which I could provide for the event.

- Tony
  • GrillMeister
    I don't think there would be an alcohol sales at Emma Long Park, but folks would not be prohibited from bringing their own coolers like they were at the Oasis.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas