Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Chops

Options
EggHeadFred
EggHeadFred Posts: 123
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Folks,Can someone tell me the best way to cook pork chops on the Egg.
Fred V. Smyrna,Ga.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    here is one from a friend we lost a couple years ago:::

Pork, Chops, Grilled, KennyG

Try this one courtesy of Julie (Mrs. Dogs). I've had guests raving about these as they chew on the bone.

Ingredients:
    4 Pork chops (I've been using bone-in rib chops 1.5-1.75 inches thick. At this thickness, they should weigh about 1 lb each.
    1 cup orange juice
    1-4 Tbs jerk sauce (1 tsp of jerk sauce per pound of pork will give you the flavor and not the heat. 1 TBS jerk per pound will add a little nip.)
    3-4 splash rum (about two jiggers )

Directions:
    1 Marinate your pork chops in Orange juice, jerk sauce, and rum. I do 2 hours in the marinade max.
    2 I smoke them at about 275* dome using Jack Daniels and pecan chips.
    3 I pull them at 135* internal and cover in foil while I crank the Egg up. 700* seems to work best although I would not recommend that on the forum.
    4 Dust with Char Crust original hickory and give them a minute or so blast per side to add the grill marks and crisp up the small amount of fat.

Servings: 1

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Meat

Recipe Source
    Author: KennyG

Source: BGE Forum, KennyG, 06/27/02

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    im a fan of pan frying pork chops, but ive done this a few different ways, this recipe and green chilis with cheese work well.
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/archives//2005/messages/188909.htm
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Barbes
    Barbes Posts: 35
    Options
    I really like a method someone posted here previously.

Start the fire, add a piece of smoking wood, and put the chops on direct. Let the temp get up to 450 and roast for two minutes; flip and roast for three minutes; close vents and rest for five minutes. The chops cold-smoke as the temps come up and come out really, really good.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/archives//2002/messages/46375.htm
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    I prefer thicker chops, indirect about 225 to 250. Really like the crispy chops. No smoke.
    chop1.jpg

Others aren't bad. :woohoo: Cherry wood.

plchops2.jpg

Mike