Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Papa Murphy's pizza

Options
AZRP
AZRP Posts: 10,116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anybody tried these take and bake pizzas? I know its a franchised chain, one just opened here, and its on my way home from work. I'll try one this week sometime, it sure would save me a lot of time and money if they are any good. -RP

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    But wouldn't that cut into beer time with the prep & cook? I have the wife convinced it takes 3 beers to TRex a steak and at least a six pack for a pizza. :laugh: :laugh: . Haven't tried them but really glad to hear that Joe is doing good.

Pat
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Have tried a few. Not bad. Some frozen are a little better but for the money it's not that bad. Never tried on the egg.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    I think they are good. I like better than local Pizza Huts.

Mike
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    We have some out here. The pizza's are pretty good and they have some great selections available.

I set the large up with raised adjustable grid & pizza stone. Dome 500° cooked for 12 minutes. Bottom was done with a little of very dark brown. The center toppings were not quite done.

My thoughts were to lower the dome to 450° and cook for 15 to 18 minutes.

It is nice to just unwrap the pizza and cook.

Costco/Sams also has some take and bake but as I recall Costco's is too big for a large egg.

Kent
  • AZRP
    Options
    They could be made out of cardboard and be better than Pizza Hut. -RP
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Remember, Pizza Hut is based out of KS. So by the time it gets to AZ, it is cardboard. Get one and tell them you are going to cook it on an egg.
    Mike
  • AZRP
    Options
    My thought is pick one up on the way home, refrigerate it while the Egg gets ready, put some of my sausage on it, and bake. If its good, that makes an easy pizza night. -RP
  • No Yolk
    No Yolk Posts: 42
    Options
    Have had some on the egg and they turned out very good.

Doug and Dianne
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    why are you asking that sounds pretty good to me... and sometimes easy (crust, sauce) can be outdone by some good sausage ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• AlwaysGolf
    AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
    Options
    Ate them all the time when we were stationed at Fort Lewis. They recently opened a few here in Texas where we are at. They are pretty good for the money. Was going to use their dough when I attempt pizza on the Egg.
  • Angie2B
    Angie2B Posts: 543
    Options
    Try their "Cowboy" Pizza.
    It's pretty good.
  • AZRP
    Options
    Hey Diane, where ya been gal? -RP
  • AZRP
    Options
    They told me they won't sell the dough. -RP
  • civil eggineer
    civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    Options
    It is actually very easy to make a pizza from scratch and they are fantastic! One of my favorite cooks on my egg.
  • Keithww
    Keithww Posts: 62
    Options
    I've cooked them in the oven and everyone liked them. I pick up my egg Saturday at the Texas Eggfest and the family has already requested that I try a few on the Egg. One thing we are considering is just buying a cheese and adding our own toppings.
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing. I think Angela and my first date was at a Pizza Hut. The kids get coupons for a free personal pizza from school ever so often so we go for lunch sometimes. Pizza Hut and Dominos are two chains I remember being good as a kid but suck now.

I've had Pappa Murphy's a few times. They are not bad but I wouldn't say out of this world either.