Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hooray ! Guru Digi Q II arrived today

KC
KC Posts: 91
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got my Digi Q II today from the folks at BBQ Guru. I am going to read up and play with it tonight and cook a pork butt or 2 with it this weekend. Any tips or advice from those of you who already use the Digi II are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Congrats!! Mine arrived tuesday but to much going on this weekend :angry: . Next weekend is blocked out of business & personal obligations. Can't wait to try it out with the spider and adjustable rig. Might have to take a mortgage out just to stock it :laugh: . The neighbors will eat good next weekend. Let me know how it goes for you.
    OT any update on Shotgun Fred?? Hope all is well.

Pat
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    proabably not cool to post this link here but

here

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Thanks Terry, Glad to hear he's doing good & I don't care where it come's from.
    Thanks
    Pat
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Yep any good news about Fred is good news! ;) Have had my "Q" for about 6 months. If you have any problem 1st make sure all the leads are pluged in SOLID! Open lid ON takes about 1/3 to 1/2 longer to heat Egg up from a cold start. It will cycle but stop dead on set temp. Open lid OFF will heat up faster and still over shoots less than 10 degrees and comes back down quick. Translation: I always fire up with open lid OFF then switch to ON after it reaches temp. The easest place for the pit probe to me is Egg thermometer stem. Since I learned to cook using it for pit temp who cares if grid temp is 10 or 20 degrees cooler. Thats what I have always gone by anyway. I store everything in a gallon ziplock. Put pit probe in a quart bag and meat probe in another quart. Keeps from tangling. Let us know if need something. I got "Q" because it looked to be the simplest. I like simple. Just a simple man with a simple mind! :laugh:
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Well if it had been the other way around it might have been deleted.

Great news about Fred..

My replacement DigiQ II arrived today :woohoo: Wrong color but it arrived
  • BENTE
    then i will see you in G-wood... was not sure if i was going to visit until you got one :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Celtic Wolf
    I have three!!!
  • BENTE
    i am sorry i had to say that i was actually laughing when i posted that.....

so what is it with you waldorf eggers???? are you all at the same hotel and chatting back and forth on the forum???? that is just mean!!! i mean we all want to be there or i would love to be there and here ya'll are in the same motel and not having a adult beverage together in the lobby or the parking lot or all in one room?????

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Celtic Wolf
    I am at work.. trying not to get hit in the head with a nerf ball.

I'll be heading up to Waldorf at 4:30 PM tomorrow..
  • BENTE
    ok well duck!!! ;)

have a good one pete

and try to smile in one picture :woohoo:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Celtic Wolf
    It is against my religion to smile... Though with the misses there I may have too..