Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egg Owner

Options
Judge
Judge Posts: 35
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, New egg owner and happy to be here. I have only used it a couple of times now and all I have to say is WOW! I forgot the taste of charcoal. I also bought one of those DigiQ II for slow cooking. I did a couple of rib steaks to start ( I know should not do it until seal is set). They had a taste I forgot about. Then I did a BBQ beer can chicken, with the digi and wow!. Right now I am doing 3-2-1 ribs and can hardly wait.

I finally got it! Now who do I sue over my soon to be expanding waste line? :evil:

Comments

• DonDon
    DonDon Posts: 89
    Options
    CONGRATS on getting one. You'll wonder why you didn't get one before now. Cokking is alot easier with one and the foods even better. At one time I had a weekly weight count after I first got mine about 10 months ago. I quit counting at 10 pounds LOL THANK GOD I teach Taekwondo a couple nights a week and stabalized it at 10 pounds LOL
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    welcome JD and grats on your wise investment...as to the wasteline..if you are smart about it..you may find you actually LOSE some weight since everything on the egg tasts so much better you can cook heathier and still enjoy the outstanding flavors!
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 116
    Options
    You are right about that, I have gone to a high fat low carb diet and anything I used to fry gets cooked on the grill. My cholesterol went from a little over 200 to 136 and I have lost 20lbs.