Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs anyone?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How many racks of ribs can you cook at once on the large Egg?
With such a small rack circumference, I am not sure if you could fit one.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    The Last Resort!,[p]Say What?? I cooked 4 racks this weekend on my large with room to spare. KT

• Unknown
    Options
    KT,
    How did you manage that?

• Unknown
    Options
    The Last Resort!,
    Looking around this (and other) forums, you'll find a plethora of ideas when it comes to cramming more ribs into these seemingly small circles.[p]Rib racks seem popular. I've got a V-rack, but have not used it for ribs.[p]My favorite method is wrap the rack into a circle, and run a skewer through it holding it into a flattish tube. Works great, and you can easily get four racks on one grate.[p]It think I've got a picture of that technique somewhere. As soon as I fix my server, I'll post one fer ya![p]bc

• Unknown
    Options
    The Last Resort,[p]Rib rack that I made myself. You can use the V-rack too.[p]Try this site it is Tim M's and has some great pics for ideas.[p]http://www.tm52.com/bge/6-11.jpg[p]

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    The Last Resort!,[p]Here are 6 racks of baby backs.[p]Tim
    [ul][li]Tim's[/ul]
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    6-12.jpg
    <p />The Last Resort!,[p]Here are 6 racks of baby backs.[p]Tim
    [ul][li]Tim's[/ul]
  • Thrill
    Thrill Posts: 32
    Options
    The Last Resort!,[p]My record is 10 racks on my large Egg! I cut them into 20 half racks. I have a v-rack that is turned upside down, sitting on a grid that is suspended over my plate setter (indirect setup). I was able to stand 12 half-racks in the v-rack, and then pile the other 8 half-racks on top. The tailgating event was an EXTREME success! I even had fans from the opposing team groveling up asking for leftovers. It was beautiful![p]- Thrill