Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork loin sausage and bacon

Options
metrylee
metrylee Posts: 94
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
iam looking for the recipe for the pork loin wrapped in sausage and bacon.

Comments

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    follow the pics. direct at 350 turned so all sides cooked. with a bigger loin i would drop the temp a bit or go indirect to give the pork chance to get to temp with out over cooking the bacon.
    tri-tip027.jpg

note the folded tail on the left side of the loin so it was the same thickness through out
    tri-tip028.jpg

tri-tip030.jpg

tri-tip031.jpg

tri-tip032.jpg
  • metrylee
    Options
    thany you for ur help ^ 5
  • metrylee
    Options
    How long did u cook it indirect ?
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    i cooked direct and kept rotated it to expose all side to the heat and then checked the sausage temp and the loin temp with thermopen. i was lucky with the thickness shown everything was done at teh smae time. sausge 160 pork 145 [a bit over for me] . pork loins and tenderloin are available in so many different thicknesses i am afraid to guess.
    how big a hunk of pig do you have ??/
    amd don't forget about Big-uns triple threat. sausage and celery sauteed with wine then stuffed in a pork loin and wrapped in bacon . i don't have pics of that but the recipe and pics are around the forum somewhere it was good