Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Using PlateSetter + PizzaStone

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just Curious,[p]When you use the pizzastone and the plate setter together, which way do you guys use the Pizza stone? [p]I put the setter right-side up, with the stone on top of it. Although I could imagine you could invert the setter, and put the stone on there (which would make it more like a firebrick setup).[p]Anyone use both ways and notice any difference?

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Jamesw,
    I always use the setter "right side up" and a Crate and Barrel 16" pizza stone on top of that. Never tried the other way.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Jamesw,
    Plate setter with feet down, resting on top of the grill, the pizza stoneS. I bought a small stone by mistake at first, then bought a large. Since I make a larger pizza, and since I have the extra stone, I use both. So my set up is...plate setter, small BGE pizza stone, large BGE pizza stone.
    The real advantage to using the setter with feet down is to elevate the top of the stone, making it easier to slide the pie onto and off the stone.
    Hope that helps.