Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Immersion Blenders

BlueSmoke
BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Seems like I'm seeing more cordless immersion blenders on tv. I just did a google search on them, and came across a chowhound discussion; of the entire discussion, there was only one positive response.

How about y'all? Anybody got any experience with cordless stick blenders?

TIA
Ken

Comments

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    nope , but i avoid anything cordless unless it takes plain old batteries.
    cordless is not cheap, usually difficult to find service or replacement batteries. cordless batteries have to be recycled which is a pia. power fades after a bit. cannot remember how many rechargable beard trimmers, toothbrushes, weed clippers blah blah.
    wary of things they sell on tv too
    bill
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    I don't have one, but it sounds to me your research has given you the answer! I'm not quite as anti-battery as bill is, but the only battery powered tools I own are drills. They can achieve high torque via efficient gearing with a constant drain. IMHO all the other battery powered ones are for the light duty useage. I've read some interesting articiles on the automony of cheap vs expensive tools and if you want power and performance then you want electric, air or gas engine fired tools. How there's an idea for you...a gas powered imersion blender complete with a kick starter! VA-ROOOOOOOM
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    I liiiiiiiiiiiike it! Now that I think of it I have an aging Makita 16V drill; maybe I could hook that up to the corded Cuisinart...

Ken
  • DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    I got one for Christmas. I use it every time I make vichyssoise. Lemme see, when was the last time I made vichyssoise?

Afraid this is one gift that struggles to earn it's place in the cabinet...let alone the counter top.
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    I have one and I really like it. It is great for making whipped cream and I used it very successfully to blend some muchrooms, in the pan, for soup and some figs I was cooking to make a fig compote. I see using this more and more and the regular blender less and less.

The regular blender will see use on blender drinks and I use it to make a no miss no fuss Hollandaise
    Sauce. YUM