Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggplant?

Options
BlueSmoke
BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking for an eggplant recipe (grilled?) for the Egg. Help please.[p]Ken

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    BlueSmoke, I grilled some just the other night. Just sliced about 1/8-1/4 inch thick, sprayed with olive oil and sprinkled with a little rub (Gilded Splinters or EZ-Life worked just fine) and then placed on a medium grill for about 15 minutes. (7 minutes one side, flipped and left for another 7-8 minutes) turned out great. My wife thought they needed a few more grill marks but I thought they were great.

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    Try the recipe below, it's great!
    Can't remember where I got it from.
    B D
    Grilled Eggplant Marinara
    Method: Grill/Direct
    Ingredients:
    1 1/2 pounds fresh eggplant
    2 egg whites
    2 cups Italian bread crumbs
    Olive Oil
    1 Jar Marinara Sauce
    Mozzarella Cheese (to suit taste)
    Preparation:
    1. Wash and peel the eggplant.
    2. Cut into 3/4-1 inch slices.
    3. In a frying pan, heat just enough olive oil to cover the bottom.
    4. Dip the eggplant slices in the egg whites and then in the bread crumbs.
    5. Place in the hot oil- only long enough to "seal" the egg white/breadcrumbs.
    6. Place on the grill and cook until tender.

• Prof Dan
    Prof Dan Posts: 339
    Options
    BlueSmoke,[p]There's a phenomenal Middle Eastern dish called "baba ganoush," which is a dip/paste thing that is great on pita bread. You char the eggplants over a hot fire for about half an hour till they are soft. Let 'em cool and scoop out the smoky flesh. Blend it with a little lemon, olive oil, garlic, onion, salt, and maybe tahini [sesame paste].[p]Addictive!

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    Thank y'all. Gonna go right out and buy another purple beauty. Makin' baba' ganoozh for my daughter to take to a "works barbecue" Sunday, and grilled "steaks" in the meantime.