Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

World Cup Breakfast

Options
Wardster
Wardster Posts: 1,006
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Since I will be up at 5am to watch our soccer team try to earn some points, I was wondering if anyone has a good breakfast dish I could do up on the egg?
Apollo Beach, FL

Comments

• AZGator
    AZGator Posts: 24
    Options
    Wardster,[p]Sorry for the accidental post below. [p]This isn't exactly a BGE recipe, but if you have any leftover brisket, I like to sautee an onion, add some chopped brisket, heat it up, add some eggs and cheddar cheese, cook until the eggs are scrambled. I usually eat this for dinner one night after cooking up a brisket. It's one of my favorites.[p]Paul
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    sausage3SJI.jpg
    <p />Wardster:[p]Grilled sausage (I like brats) on buns toasted on the grill with plenty of mustard. I know you said breakfast, but you are watching a sporting event!
    [/b]
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Wardster,
    We have cooked this at the last 3 Eggtoberfest and it has been a winner.
    Larry

[ul][li]Potato Breakfast Casserole [/ul]
  • BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    YB, What happened to that recipe on the Sunday of Eggfest in Waldorf? That woulda been great Qfan fuel for 11 hour drive back to the Great White North!! An Egg McMuffin just ain't right when I know that Kaye has the ability to whip up something like that! LOL
    Maybe next year!
    Qfan

• YB
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    We were on the road at 6:30 Sunday morning for the 597 mile trip home...Come to Eggtoberfest in Atlanta and Kaye will be more than happy to make you her Potato Breakfast Casserol.We cooked some steaks the other night using your and NB's Cow Lick Rub...That stuff is great...I can't hardly wait until it's on the market.
    Larry

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    YB,
    Thanks for the compliments on the rub. On the road at 6:30 am?? I think NB, WD, Jamie and I were just calling it a 'night' about that time! LOL 600 miles for you guys; you had about the same drive I did, then!
    Qfan

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Wardster,
    You could try this:[p]http://biggreenegg.com/recipes/newRecipes/baking0225.htm[p]and this[p]http://biggreenegg.com/recipes/newRecipes/baking0226.htm[p]The first is the ham and egg fry up and the second is the baked dough balls. [p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Unknown
    Options
    YB,[p]That looks good! I posted one of my family's favorite breakfast casseroles to JAppledog below, but I might try this instead this weekend.[p]I love the "soak overnight" jobs.[p]Thanks![p]Lee[p]
  • YB
    Options
    QSis,
    My wife cooks this every Christmas morning...She makes it the night before and Christmas morning she pops it in the oven...When we finish opening presents breakfast is ready.We have cooked this at the last three Eggtoberfest on a egg using a plate setter and pizza stone.Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
    Larry