Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table openning size

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just purchased a Large BGE and I want to adapt my decks' current counter top to accept the Egg. How much room between the Egg and the top (5/4" cedar) should I leave? Hope to be cooking Wednesday.[p]Thanks for your help.
Ed

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Ed,[p]Take a look at the big green egg web site. They actually have the dimensions of the table they sell so that you can build one if you would like.[p]Cary
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    table-plan.htm
    <p />Edward Morris,
    I think this is what your looking for.
    Larry

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Edward Morris,
    One more try.
    Larry

[ul][li]BGE Table[/ul]
  • DavidR
    DavidR Posts: 178
    Options
    Edward Morris,[p]If you're using a spring-loaded hinge, you'll need to open the lid wide open and measure how far the mechanism pivots downward in the back of the egg, then add another 1/4 to 1/2 an inch. If you don't take that into account, you'll be in for a surprise.

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    DavidR,
    With regards to the spring hinge...I had my large egg in a table which I built before owning the spring hinge...after getting the spring hinge I had to raise my egg up in the table to allow the hinge/dome to completely open...the result of raising the egg in fact means the hole in the table can be smaller than the dimensions mentioned on BGE`s table plans..although it creates no problems being cut out the size they recommend..if I had the hinge when I built the table however...the hole would be approx a 1/2 inch smaller...just my opinion..[p]Wess