Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can I use Wok in BGE ???

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi,
I would like to know if I can fit wok in BGE.. I have read through the FAQ which call for removing cooking grid & place wok directly on coal. I think if I do this, charcoal will be deprived fresh air & cool down rapidly....

Comments

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Sujit Chokshi,[p]Absolutely! No need to place the wok directly on the lump. Depending on the size of the Egg and wok, you can remove the grid and set the wok on the fire ring (what I do when I use the small Egg), or set the wok on the grid (what I do when I use the large Egg).[p]Crank up the lump, get a hot fire and "wok away".[p]Puj
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sujit Chokshi,
    Sure can! [p]I have a high carbon steel wok I use on the egg all the time. (I make a wicked "big green curry" on the Egg!)[p]Of course you'll want to get either no handle, removable handle, or the two small side handles (I have the latter) so you can close the lid and take advatage of the convection, and radiation from the dome as well.[p]A paella pan works great on the egg as well. In fact I've had numerous requests for paella recently, so there may be some yummy rice in my weekend...[p]BTW: Sujit, did you ever get those pics of your naan cook to work on the site? I'd love to see them.[p]
    bc

• Unknown
    Options
    bc,
    I am planning to fix my web page over this weekend.... Thr problem was I could not properly transfer file due to firewall at work. Stay tuned...