Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE in Destin Fl, made me home sick

Options
Chef Arnoldi
Chef Arnoldi Posts: 974
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just came back from Destin Florida & stayed at the Mainsail condo- right next to a cute house with a small BGE on the porch. Will the proud owner please stand up- i had to take a photo because i saw it several times while going to the beach & became home sick for my BGE & bbq food.

Comments

• Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Options
    Chef Arnoldi ,
    There is a place in Destin(think around the SilverSand? shopping mall) Called the Sand Dollar? they sell Burkenstock shoes but also sell a bunch of BGE's.The man that ownes the store has 5 or 6 of them around that area.One is in Gulf Shores and another across the highway from the big Foley shopping mall.They don't carry a lot of stuff,but seem to sell a lot. Bob

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Bamabob,
    The place you're talking about is in Foley, AL. It's where I first saw the Egg but it's not in Destin, FL.
    Only wish I had a house in Destin. Since I don't, have to settle for the occassional weekend trips. Without a doubt, prettiest water and beaches around.

• Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Options
    Shelby,
    You're right about the area,We have a place we use pretty often there,but don't get to live there.The place in Destin must have reciently stopped carrying the EGGs. A friend had tried to get me lined up with the owner of the stores to build him some custom tables to sell.The ones he has are pretty pitiful,but I don't feel up to trying to supply his stores and also the one I build for here,so we didn't get together. Good cookin' Bob