Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks for the help! Another Question also

Options
Hangfire77
Hangfire77 Posts: 45
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
To all the people that posted for me to keep the egg when I wanted to sell it thanks!! I made the baby back ribs last week and they came out great!! Beautiful smoke ring, great flavor and were awesome!!! I am now getting ready to try chicken drumsticks. I like them nice and messy but the rest of the family doesn’t =-( lol so I am doing some of both. Does anyone know where I can get one of those 12 leg racks? I have checked Lowes, Home Depot and Taylor’s to no avail. I plan on doing a temp of 325 for about 75 minute’s indirect with an internal temp of 180. And baste mine the last 20-25 minutes. And the rest of the family's in just a rub and evoo. Any tips would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Hangfire77
    Options
    Also where can i get a small bottle to mix my apple juice and cider? The ones i see are the kind you put cleaners in. Just looking for a small half pint one. I looked at walmart. maybe dollar tree? Hopefully no lead. lol
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I bought my leg/wing racks on Amazon. They were a couple of collars more than the Ace/Lowes racks, but it saved me the trip and hassle of finding them out of stock.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    I bought this 12 rack at Lowe's. You might want to look again.
    IMG_2233.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Hangfire77
    Options
    RRP wrote:
    I bought this 12 rack at Lowe's. You might want to look again.
    IMG_2233.jpg
    Yep thats the one i am looking for. I looked online i guess i will have to go in lol thanks i will post how it goes.

thanks
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    I got my wing rack (also used for drumsticks) at my local Ace Hardware store. They sell BGEs there as well as supplies. I also got my mixing & spray bottles at Wal Mart in the garden supply section.

Glad you kept your BGE.... :P
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I have seen those racks at almost every store in town from Big Lots to Academy Sporting Goods Store.
    As far as a small good quality bottle try a beauty supply shop. Hair dressers and barbers use them all the time. They are better quality than the junk at the discount stores.
    Hope you find them,
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Angie2B
    Angie2B Posts: 543
    Options
    I got an oil mister from Pampered Chef to use for vinegar and apple juice. But you can buy those misters at Target and wallyworld I think.
  • Hangfire77
    Options
    Great thanks guys i will check those bottles out. Thats what i love about this forum very good help and so far i havent been flamed for a stupid question. lol I went to lowes real quick rrp was right they had them not bad for $4. I got two :) the drums are on it now and the BGE is heating up as i write. I will let you guys know how it goes.

thanks
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Ace has the smaller ones.

Pat
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Yeah you have to go to the store. Lowe's doesn't post the really cheap stuff on their web site or they make it real hard to find.
  • Hangfire77
    Options
    Well the drums came out great the outside was crisp and inside was full of juice and very good. These were a rush job so there was not much time to do anything more than some season all and adobo (sp?) But still good. I will post a separate chicken question later. The only problem i had was temp again. It seems like I cant get that down. I was at 325 when i opened it to put the chicken on. After that i could not get it above 300. I did not want to completely open the bottom and top and soar to 600 and never get it down. But i would open the bottom and wait ten minutes for a change and nothing. HMMM. sounds like another post. lol

Thanks guys