Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First week with my new BGE!

Options
TBQue
TBQue Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been Egging for exactly one week now. I got my new Large BGE a week ago Thursday. My first cook was 4 racks of babybacks and some bratwurst. I decided to grip it and rip it by cookinjg for 10 people my first time out. The food came out perfect and my wife told me that these were my best ribs ever. I am sold!!!!!!!! Since last Sunday, I have cooked sausage, chicken on a vertical roaster, flank steak, quesadillas, burritos, armidillo eggs, and chicken wings. I am hooked!!!!!!!!!! I can see the need for another egg particularly when one entertains often such as I do. I love this thing and have been seeling it hard to all my neighbors. I can't decide whether to get a small or medium BGE as my number 2. Any thoughts? :woohoo:

Comments

• Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I haven't the slightest idea of what to recommend, but I just wanted to welcome you to the cult of the BGE. Stick around here for some great ideas on new cooks and improving what you've already tried. Some very sharp, very experienced people here.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Welcome tmb and congrats on your egg! As for the 2nd egg, I went with a small. It is less expensive, lends itself to mobility, lights fast, and uses less fuel. Primarily I cook for 4-6 people with the occassional larger crowd and sometimes only for me and the wife. The combination of my original Large egg and the small gave me the max versatility for my needs... since everyone's needs are different, the question you ask is unanswerable, but that's my 2 cents worth...good luck on your #2 egg decision! ;)
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Congratulations, and welcome to the EggNation! Here's some food for thought:

IMG_9849.jpg

The SBGE has been a wonderful addition to #1 (LBGE) because it allows you to cook at different temps, and sometimes, you only need the smaller egg to get the job done.
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    I have a Large, Small, and for Easter suprise I got a mini. The mini is for tailgaiting and for camping.... although tonight I cooked 5 stuffed bellpeppers on it for dinner. I Love the small too I did six hamburgers on it yesterday. On Friday I did a Chicago Style pizza on the Large. My wife doesn't cook that much anymore so she loves the eggs... I use every one I have. By Far my Large still gets the brunt of the work load. For a second egg I would recommend the small for its versatilty and capacity it compliments the Large very well. Who knows one day I may Get a Medium Egg or another Large... hope my wife doesn't read this post LOL.
    Happy Egging, PHarmeggist