Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Barbaqued Oysters in the half shell

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Help - Oysters in the half shell. Here's a newbee who loves oysters.
Any good recipies out there?

Comments

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    John H Ellis,
    Local (New Orleans) resturant does excellent charbroiled oysters. Basically opens them, put over open flames, lets them cook in their own, natural liquid and then douses with a garlic, butter and herb sauce. Pretty simple but don't think it lends itself to the Egg.

• bbqbeth
    bbqbeth Posts: 178
    Options
    John H Ellis,[p]yeah..eat'em RAw..the only way right outof thebay..
    :)

• bbqbeth
    bbqbeth Posts: 178
    Options
    Shelby,
    why not douse them after the fact>

• Shelby
    Options
    bbqbeth,
    I think as much for effect as anything else. Makes a grand display. Plus it gives the oyster a little something else to cook in.

• Byrdo
    Byrdo Posts: 36
    Options
    Shelby,[p]I tried duplicating Drago's charbroiled oysters about a year ago and I used:
    ½ Real Butter
    ½ Margarine
    ½ Romano Cheese
    ½ Parmesan Cheese
    Minced Garlic
    Black Pepper[p]They were great!!!

• Shelby
    Options
    Byrdo,
    Now, how did you know Drago's!? What do you have planned this weekend?

• Shelby
    Options
    Byrdo,
    Now, how did you know Drago's!? What do you have planned this weekend?

• Byrdo
    Byrdo Posts: 36
    Options
    Shelby,[p]Its midnight and I am attempting my first pulled pork. I have been cooking it for 4 hours @ 250°F and it is at 158°F - I think I might have a Turbo Butt!! Anyway, to answer your question, I plan on doing yard work and eating PP until I pop tomorrow. How about yourself?[p]I would like to clarify my earlier posting on the oysters. A local native told me that this is how Drago’s does their oysters; however, I do not have the exact amount of each ingredient. I mix the Garlic and Black pepper in the melted 50/50 margarine/butter mixture. I spoon this over the oysters after they have started cooking. Next, I sprinkle the cheese mixture over them a few minutes before they are readly to come off (this keeps the flaming down). The two times I have done these they were great! How do you do yours?[p]Time to go check the butt... I think I might have over done the mesquite chips, last weekend I found some mesquite lump in Mobile and I used a few pieces along with some regular chunks. I think I should have just used one or the other….[p]Now it is really time to go check the butt….