Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CHECKING ON MISSISSIPPI EGGERS!!!!!!

Options
Hammer
Hammer Posts: 1,001
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know that central Mississippi had a lot of damge yesterday from the tornadoes, and reported high winds, as well as the 92,000 folks still without power.
I hope that you and your families are all well. For me and the wife, we had three trees down; blew the greenhouse doors of; and a leake in the roof; but we are ok.
If I can be of help in anyway;let me know.
Mitch

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Just saw the news.

Hope everyone is OK. If there is anything we can do long diststance let us know.

Mitch, glad to hear you and the wife are OK also.

Kent
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    Thanks Kent! The wife and I are fortunate. Some of the folks close around had trees through their homes.
    I was outside and heard the tornado; never saw it; but when the trees starting crackin and falling I went looking for shelter; but I made sure my pets were inside first.
    Thanks again!
    Mitch
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    That would be a horrible experience. I see the news of these things and the quick damage and my heart goes out to all those (you) folks.

A few years ago we had a Tornado hit some buildings in the middle of Salt Lake City. I think that is the first an only time a Tornado has been seen in this area. No one got hurt seriously but there was some pretty heavy damage to the buildings.

We will get some gail force winds just north & south of here out there once in a while. 105mph late last fall aobu 130 mioles north of here. In the high mountains 10 or 15 miles east of here we get very high winds at different times of the year and we will get a lot of wide spread damage. Generally it is nothing like what we see when watching the Tornado touch down's.

Kent