Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newest EggHead

MS_STATE_Dawg
MS_STATE_Dawg Posts: 33
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is my first time posting on this site. I've followed it since November, as that is when I got my FIRST Egg. It was a college graduation present, and I don't think it could have been any more perfect. I have enjoyed it more and more each week. Thank you all for all the great useful information. This site and others are chock full of great recipes, and I still don't see how someone these days can't figure out how to cook, even with all this great information. So, a BIG THANK YOU!
Below I have posted a picture of the table I made last week via Whiz's plans from online. BTW, those worked out great! The shelves are Cypress and frame treated pine. I added some power (via Honda gen) to it to run my "appliances" -Sirius, radio, lights etc. (and soon a BBQ Guru). My status as a Tailgater just went up! I love it.

I appreciate everything y'all post and look forward to many more egging months and hopefully yet another Egg.

Thanks!
-Matt

DSC04723.jpg

Comments

• c tredwell
    c tredwell Posts: 575
    Welcome aboard Matt!

From one dawg to another (Ga./Miiss), congrats on your new egg. Someone must really like you to get a present like that :) !

Be sure to post lots o' pics...I'll be posting my butt here before long...

ctredwell
    go dawgs
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    that is one good looking table

i used to have that same radio..... i still have sirius and it is the best $13 i spend every month ;) don't see how i ever lived without it.... i have xm here at the house (via direct tv) and i am super glad i don't have to hear that in my car... they have no personality

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Welcome Matt,
    I hope you sincerely thanked whoever gave you that gift. It is certainly a gift that will have a lasting impact on your life. keep your posts flowing. And, by the way, nice job on your table.
    Larry
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Matt, Welcome from another MS guy (Long Beach). Even though both my daughters graduated from Ole Miss I guess you can stay. Nice looking table.
    Bob
  • Egg Pirate
    Egg Pirate Posts: 114
    Welcome! Congrats on graduation and the new egg! I got to warn ya, once you start cooking on the egg, restaurants wont have the same appeal anymore. Post lots of pixs.

Go Pirates!!

D
  • Go State and Go Matt!! Another State Grad here and a new Large owner (as of 45 minutes ago) as well. Keep grillin', just keep the college cups opaque!
  • Babyray
    Babyray Posts: 250
    Another MSU Dawg here...Old Dawg graduated in 49 got my first BGE in 99.. Almost got one in 91.. Dont know why I put it off.

Go Dawgs.

RRP
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Great lookin table Matt...grats on graduation, welcome to the community, and whoever got you that egg deserves several good meals from it B) ..what a gift!
  • usc1321
    usc1321 Posts: 627
    That table looks great. Welcome to life with the egg, and welcome to the forum.
  • Sweeeet. Must be early in the day - coke can instead of a beer. What's a MS Bulldog doing with purple gloves?

Nice setup. Tailgater status is at top level.
  • Thank you everyone for your nice replies.
    A couple things:
    My grandparents gave it to me and have eaten the best steaks of their lives off it (their words). They were just happy they could give me something useful instead of money.
    TB- Sirius IS the bomb! My stations are 14-17 and 60-61 and the blues station.
    Bob - Ole Misstake!? That's too bad! Go State!
    Frank- The gloves are handy when no water is around. (Until I build a portable sink..soon) (since I have generator I can run a small pump, gravity feed takes up too much space.) You can get them in the Medical Aisle of Wal-Mart. I like them better than the latex kind, they're made out of some other stuff. Perfect for cooking and dirt cheap.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate. Y'all sure are nice and I appreciate all the kind words. Thanks for your nice welcome. I'll post pictures of my cooks when I can.
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Welcome to Eggdome Matt! There are a lot of great folks on the forum, and a lot from the Great State of Mississippi, and several of them have already chimed in.
    The table looks great, and it won't be long before you have to either enlarge it; or build another one because; it won't be long before you'll have another egg.
    Tegards!
    Hammer
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Matt, Have seen several new "younger" Eggers join the fold of late and a very good sighn. Hasn't been that many years ago I was in your shoes but time flys fast!! Enjoy it and PLEASE post more pics! :woohoo:
  • How much noise does the generator make? Does it bother other folks tailgating nearby?

You must have been an engineering student the way you have your setup all pimped out :laugh: :laugh:

Lived in Columbus and worked in West Point from 1988 to 1991. We liked it there a lot. Had season tickets to MS one year. MS only had four home games that year: Lousiana Tech, Ala, Geo., and LSU. That's back when Ole Miss, Sou Miss, and MS played in Jackson.