Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping: FIDEL

Options
KC
KC Posts: 91
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Fidel,
I saw where you were going to cook AZRP's "The Chicken Recipe" and metioned that you were concerned about it being too spicey for kids. I am cooking "The Chicken" tonight and was also wondering if the sauce was too spicey for "general audiences". Was it too spicey and if so what did you add or how did you modify it to make it kid friendly? Thanks.

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Think of it as a post marinade instead of a sauce, just dip each piece and wrap them up. If you want it spicier, add a few Tbs extra to the package. -RP
  • KC
    KC Posts: 91
    Options
    Thanks. I figured if the kids thought it was too spicey I could probably smear a little honey on the chicken... :)
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Don't add extra sauce to the foil package and if they think its too spicy, just remove the skin. -RP
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    It was actually very pleasant. I did not find it too spicy at all. It has a little bit of heat in the finish, but it is not shockingly hot like buffalo wings.

If you are afraid it will be too hot then cut back a little on the chili powders and hot sauce. The vinegar really cuts the spiciness.

I really enjoyed the recipe and plan to do it again in the next few days.