Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MUSUBI

Options
Frozen Chosen
Frozen Chosen Posts: 131
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Musubi is the next cult cook; for the uninitiated this is basically Spam sushi, and may be the perfect food. Soak slices in Teriyaki overnight then cook over some smoke, cool and roll with seasoned rice (dask of Furikake) and nori. Can add wasabi or cucumber slices if desired. Roll up, wrap in plastic wrap, and pop em in your bag to eat after the turn.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Frozen Chosen,
    Like this?
    Thanks for the edumication. I had no idea!
    Ales.
    NB

[ul][li]Spamusubi[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Joel Ferman
    Joel Ferman Posts: 243
    Options
    Frozen Chosen,
    I am not a big fan of spam. [p]I stole the idea from a friend, but I like to mix up some sticky wild rice and make "southern sushi" as appetizers that EVERYONE likes.[p]Take a rice cooker, and add wild rice (the mix of multiple types of rice I think) then add a meat of choice, some times strips of chicken, salmon, halibut, pulled pork, strips of steak, strips of pork loin, etc. Then I fry up some onion rings, make a cut, and lay it out across the roll, then use the sushi mat to roll it up (sometimes I add a little bbq or misc sauce before rolling). If I a REALLY trying to impress the ladies I then fry up some thick slices of bacon, take some sticky rice and mash into a paste, then wrap the cooked bacon around the piece of "southern sushi" holding it in place with the rice paste, then using the remaning bacon grease to lightly fry each side of the pieces to make it slightly crispy..... not only are they extremly tasty, but they are QUITE a conversation piece. [p]You can mix and match these up and be imaginative. I add all sorts of things inbetween the bacon and rice, sometimes pate, sometimes a little bit of cracked peppercorns, etc.
    -Joel