Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"Stone" age brisket

Beli
Beli Posts: 10,751
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Put two 9 pound briskets, around 18 pounds total, on the egg this morning at 8:00 AM......
2Briskets19pounds.jpg
sorry about the stone age accesories.but apart from the plate setter you can´t get any in this part of the world....so I just have to make do with what I have plenty of...stones...... to add a second grate..... anyway, I´ve done many briskets before...but this is my first cook of two simultaneously.....and am worried with having them ready on time by about 10:00-11:00 PM, when I plan to have 10 very hungry couples waiting to eat.....dome has been at 230° since the beginning (about 6 hrs now) , and am wishing to attain an internal temp of 185°.190°......do you think I can make the time???? if not, would increasing temp to say 300°
accelerate the cook...any quality tenderness loss there???? or shal I come out with the heaviest steel armour to announce a delay ......... :blush:

Comments