Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Black Bean Salad

civil eggineer
civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had a black bean salad over Christmas that was great. Black beans, red peppers, maybe onions, etc. and has a sweet taste. Anyone have any recipes similar to my description to share??? Sorry it is not to BGE related. :unsure:

Comments

• mojopin
    mojopin Posts: 200
    My mom often makes one with diced sweet onion, red pepper, black beans, defrosted frozen corn, lime juice, salt pepper.. seasonings of your choice... Shakin the tree would be great I am sure....mmm.. My aunt adds cilantro, but cilantro to me is like garlic to a vampire! I'll have to make some tomorrow. Really aren't any specific measurements.. she just chops and throws in a bowl. Stick it in the chill chest for an hour or two then eat with tortilla chips... the hint of lime go great with it.

Enjoy!
    :)
    -Jill
  • Here is a variation.

Salad, Bean, Black, Corn & Pepper

INGREDIENTS:
    2 Cans Black beans, drained and rinsed
    1 10 Ozs Pkg Frozen corn kernels, thawed
    1 Large Red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
    2 Small Fresh jalapeno chiles, seeded and finely chopped
    1/4 cup firmly packed chopped cilantro
    1/4 cup lime juice
    2 Tbs salad oil
    salt and pepper to taste

Procedure:
    1 Combine and mix lightly. Refrigerate at least one hour or up to a day. Can garnish with lime wedges and cilantro sprigs, if desired.

Recipe Type
    Salad

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum. Dimple's Mom, 2007/12/24