Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking Channel

Options
Wardster
Wardster Posts: 1,006
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was just watching a show on the cooking channel and they were teaching a couple guys how to cook ribs on the grill.... the GAS GRILL. It makes me laugh when I see them teach how to cook on a gas grill. [p]"I may not be a smart man, but I do know what ceramic cooking is...."
-Forrest Wardster

Apollo Beach, FL

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Wardster,[p]Great quote! Humble and well said. A true Egger. My hat is off to you.[p]
    Carey

• LasVegasMac
    LasVegasMac Posts: 183
    Options
    Wardster,
    I would not be so quick on the trigger, my friend. Everyone has their own way of doing things.[p]I still cook on my gas grill - charcoal grill - charcoal smoker, etc., from time to time. Might have to clean out a cob web or two prior to use, though. :) Certain recipes that I have cooked for a long time, ya know.[p]Just as a challenge, I'll make you some chicken wings and ribs that will knock your socks off (opinion of family, many neighbors and friends) - and the only ceramic they saw was going past it.[p]The BGE is great, don't misunderstand me - I would not give it up for anything. But it is not THE ONLY answer in the never ending BBQ search![p]Just my $.07 worth.[p]LVM

• ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Options
    Cook Wardster, cook!
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    LasVegasMac,[p]We used to get gas grills on our back porch, Momma would shoo them off with a broom....[p]You must be correct. Gas grills would not be around so long if there was not a way to make 'em work. I, on the other hand, am 30 and don't have the patience to figure them out. I was fortunate enough to start my cooks on an egg. Egger born, egger bred, one day I'll be egger dead....

Apollo Beach, FL
  • LasVegasMac
    LasVegasMac Posts: 183
    Options
    Wardster,
    We used to get gas grills on our back porch, Momma would shoo them off with a broom....LOL![p]Don't they make a light bulb for that?[p]The wife is completely perplexed as to why I have one side of our rather large patio populated with various types of grills and accessories - I'll have to post a pic one of these days. Years ago, that was a frequent complaint. Now? "Oh, your going to cook?, great!" I still get strange looks when I tell her I need a BBQ-Galores "fix". It's a guy thing, honey. :)[p]She is a smart girl, though. She asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I said a medium BGE to keep Mr. Large Humpty company. Her reply? "You really do need to have another one - are you sure you don't want another large?"[p]It just don't get no better than that![p]Life is great. Too bad that work thing gets in the way![p]LVM [p]