Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Eggcessory - the Egg cart

Options
KennyG
KennyG Posts: 949
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
eggcart.jpg
<p />Hi Gang,[p]Today's bad news is that this is the day that I have scheduled for the back breaking job of hauling the entire Egg family out of garage hibernation and onto the deck for the summer. [p]The good news is that I finally found a use for that old set of luggage wheels that I dragged through countless airports in another life. [p]K~G

Comments

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    KennyG,
    Poor boy!

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    KennyG,
    One of the nice things about living in the South is that I can keep my Egg out all year long. The thought of having to put it away for any period of time is scary. What would I do for entertainment? But it looks like you have everything under control. Now to put some smoke in them.[p]Happy recovery.[p]Spring Chicken

• jwitheld
    jwitheld Posts: 284
    Options
    KennyG,
    Why do you put them away, you can continue to use them in weather that scares the post office. There are picts of kneedeep snow and tales of 75 mph wind. Ive cooked in pouring rain.
    Besides there is no better way to do your thanks giving turkey or christmas oposum!
    [/b]
  • nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    KennyG,
    I would go nuts if I couldn't grill in the winter. You are only about 3 hours away, so I don't think your winters would be too much different from our WV ones. Why do you pack it up for the winter? I have seen pics of people grilling in the snow, is there anything we should be concerened with for winter exposure?[p]~Nikki

• KennyG
    Options
    garkit.jpg
    <p />nikkig,[p]The choice of term "hibernation" was wrong that I used in my earlier post. I cook in the garage all winter and just prefer to be out of the elements. [p]Here's the garage kitchen up until just a few hours ago. Some of these cookers will remain in the garage in the summer for those gatherings and events when the weather does not cooperate.[p]K~G

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    KennyG, I would say that is an EGGclectic collection of cooking aparatus you have there.

• KennyG
    Options
    Wise One,[p]Some call it a fetish hehehe. All I know for sure is that I've been warned about bringing home any more cooking toys.
    And just when I've got my eye on one of those George Foreman low fat grills.[p]
    K~G

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    KennyG,[p]Hey, KG. As I think I mentioned to you at Eggfest, your grill collection has made you one of my heroes...[p]A 3 grill man (two Eggs and a Weber Smokey Joe) hoping to soon expand his collection,
    Cornfed

• KennyG
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]Just goes to show that you can fool some of the people all of the time hehehe.[p]Expand you collection now before you get married!![p]K~G

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    crane3.jpg
    <p />KennyG,
    I thought I'd suggest an alternative to a wheely thing...
    TNW

[ul][li]NakedWhiz.com[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • LasVegasMac
    LasVegasMac Posts: 183
    Options
    KennyG,
    Hey man, your garage has a serious BGE infestation problem![p]Looks great![p]LVM

• KennyG
    Options
    LasVegasMac,[p]All I did was buy one and it started to multiply all by itself. Must be spores.[p]K~G

• fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    KennyG,[p]I like the pic. Too bad you couldn't fit the heater, tv, and fan into it. You really have a nice setup.[p]5
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• KennyG
    Options
    deckkit.jpg
    <p />John,[p]Thank you! Another visit is in order now that the deck kitchen is ready for the 2002 party season. It's time to have the CA group over for a few pops in the near future.[p]K~G

• fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    KennyG,[p]Thanks! Just let me know the time and I know the place! I'd actually be willing to assist if thats possible. I'm sure I could learn a thing or two. Just drop me email.[p]5
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]