Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Roasted zucchini recipe?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Someone had recently posted a roasted zucchini, squash, peppers, onions reicpe here and I cannot find it now. It was buried under another heading somewhere. I know that it looked REAL good at the time. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Headhunter,twas me, we do this all the time. take zuchini and yellow squash, slice lengthwise 1/4 in thick. slice bell pepper, vidalia onions, mushrooms. mix all these together with a little olive oil. place in a foil lined pan. put 1 stick butter, 4-6 tbls. of worcheshire sause, garlic, salt, pepper. place in egg, indirect heat for approx. 1 hour at 300 or until what i call half done, that is half cooked, not squishy, still a little firm. serve over rice with whatever you want. good eats. another good one is take the same above veggies and cook them direct over heat until halfway charred. 5 minutes before taking up, slice some roma tomatoes lengthwise and put on grill. take everything up and make a sandwich on a nice long french bread, or cuban bread stick. brush a little olive oil on bread, layer veggies and hold on for a great and healthy sandwich. also put some provolone cheese on bread.

• slicktop,[p]Holy crap that counds good!! I'll be trying it tonight![p]Thanks a bunch