Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Did a brisket today

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I developed a taste for another brisket as I haven't done one in a while so went to the grocer and picked up a nice 6 pounder. Dug around in the December archives and printed out the meal posted by Elder Ward and thought I'd toy around with the fixin's. I decided to stay with the cooking method of 230* on the V-Rack over a drip pan that has served me well in the past. I soaked the meat in beer over night then used a modified version of the rub posted by Elder in his "World Class Brisket" post. I made the beans as posted by Tanker Tim in my new 5 quart duch oven and a big ole pot of Jasmine rice on the side. I used the sauce that Elder had included without alteration. Added slaw and garlic bread to the menu as well.[p]A fantastic meal all the way around. The brisket smoked a total of 9 hours to nail the preset Polder of 197* (adjusted for barometric pressure at 200*). It was absolutely fork tender, moist and very tasty. [p]I did not make any pictures for y'all this time as I think you need to try this first hand to appreciate it. The combination of foods were really a compliment to each other and the over all meal worked quite well.[p]Well wishes to all![p]Bob

Comments