Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butt Update..... I'm scared

Wardster
Wardster Posts: 1,006
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Fire was 220 when I went to bed at 1am, 150 when I woke at 7:50am. Was on the course, talked the wife into getting the temp up, she had it at 280 for who knows how long. Got it back down to 220. stable at 185 now, opened her up all the way. 2 butts, on the fire... almost ready to pull....
Apollo Beach, FL

Comments

• Huck
    Huck Posts: 110
    wardster,
    I've done that several times, you'll love it and it's safe.

• Wardster
    Huck,
    You are right, it was fantastic!! No sleep and too many cold ones had me uptight. Thanks again to Elder!!!

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    wardster,[p] Would you mind helping me out with your temps. I am alittle confused, so i know others might be. Are you saying that when you got up the egg temp was 150, or the meat temp was 150? Also from 280 it dropped to 220 & the you got it stabized at 185? If these numbers are correct, i think your fire was on the way to going out. I could be wrong but it is hard to get the temp down that low & keep it there , at 185 you must have shut everything down & the egg is not getting the air it needs to keep going.[p]Earl
  • Wardster
    Earl,
    Sorry for the confusion, I had too many beers on the course and was typing faster than I can think. When I woke, the egg temp was at 150. I added more lump to be sure and started the fire again, I then left for the golf course, trusing my bride to be, tomorrow, to adjust and stabilize the egg. I called a an hour or so later and the egg temp was at 280. She got it down to 220. When I got home the meat was holding at 185, I then opened her up all the way until she reached 200. I was worred, but all was ok. Feeling a little rough today, but I can look forward to some leftovers.

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Wardster,
    you said "I added more lump to be sure and started the fire again, I then left for the golf course, trusing my bride to be, tomorrow, to adjust and stabilize the egg."[p]Did I read that to mean that you are tying the knot tommorrow?[p]Matt.