Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping - Large Marge - Italian Beef Help

MikeW
MikeW Posts: 18
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks so much for the post and the link to Gonnella's Italian Beef recipe. I can't wait to try the receipe but being a less than experienced cook I have a question that I hope you can answer. During the cooking process, is it necessary or advisable to place the roast in a v rack while it is in the roasting pan or would the rack simply prevent the formation of all those little brown bits in the bottom of the roaster that will eventually give up their flavor to the "gravy"?

Thanks in advance, Mike

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    i did not use a v-rack. but i made sure to put a drip pan underneath to catch all the "Goodies" so i could put it in my gravey. maybe this pic will help you

superbowl08002.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• MikeW
    Thank you very much TB!
  • Large Marge
    Large Marge Posts: 404
    Bente's setup looks great. Indirect with drip pan is all you need, or try a roasting pan with rack. Once its done, throw a few Italian sausages on the grill and make yourself a "combo" sandwich...ABT lovers would go nuts over this! Can't say it will help the waistline though.

-Marge
  • MikeW
    Thanks Marge, Hey you Eggers, Marge sent me!!!
  • BENTE
    you said you had a itialian beef somewhere in atlant that was very close to what you can get up in chicago. would you care to tell me where in atlanta it is. the only place i have ever been is right behind the big chicken and i do not know the name of that place. but it was pretty good for someone who has never benn to chicago ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Large Marge
    Large Marge Posts: 404
    Bobby G's in Alpharetta. Click on this green link.

It's on Morris road, off of Windward Pky and GA-400. I think there are two franchises now, one in Roswell and one further north.
  • BENTE
    thanks i will try them next time i am down to ATL

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb