Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Trying out an Egg

Options
Aron
Aron Posts: 170
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been looking around for a while now, and after much research have become convinced that the BGE is the grill/smoker for me. However, before making such a large purchase, I would like to try one out, or at least sample food from an egg. Before you bought your egg, was anyone able to go somewhere (such as a dealer) and try it out? I understand there's an eggfest in May, but I don't think I'll be able to get to Maryland at that time. I live in Boston, MA, if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Aron,
    Our dealer was more than happy to fire up the egg for us. He is going to start cooking every Saturday on one at the store to hopefully boost sales. It wouldn't hurt to ask your local dealer, or really try and make it to Waldorf next weekend.

• Aron,
    The dealer let me borrow the promo video tape for the BGE. The video was, of course, a dog & pony show saying that the egg was the best thing since sliced bread. But, it also showed a bunch of regular folk cooking at Eggtoberfest, along with explaining the benefits of ceramic cooking. What finally made me turn the corner and buy the egg were the wonderful folks here at this forum. Their egg cooking experiences and quick help really impressed me. I got the Egg last July and the only regret I have is that I didn't buy a small to go along with the large.[p]Good Luck![p]lns

• Aron,[p]There will be a cooking class in June if you can make it..

[/b]
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Aron,
    I'm in North Attleborough
    E-mail me[p]Carey

• Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Options
    Aron,
    One other thing you might check,my dealer has a standing invite "If you buy an EGG from him and use it for a month and don't want it,he'll refund every penny you spent + deliver and pick it back up!"Don't think you can beat a deal like that. He's sold a lot of them and never had a return,so he's not risking a lot.Course all dealers might not be as confident as he is.Good luck and come on and join the crowd of great cookers and helpers. Bob

• Big John
    Big John Posts: 48
    Options
    Aron,
    Hi Aron - I could have written the exact same post as you. I also live in the Boston (North) area and am interested in a demo before I buy. Also I would be interested in who the preferred dealers are. Not just the ones listed, but who offer the best price and service. I would be interested in your findings and those of the others on this forum. Thanks - Big John