Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Punishment for a giveaway

Big E
Big E Posts: 51
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was talking to a co-worker yesterday & he was telling me about this grill he use have. Further into this conversation he told me his wife had bought him a med. egg & was to small for them & he gave it away.He also said he thought it was to much work so he went back to gas. I still cann't believe he had done this. What type of punishment does he deserve for I never heard of this. My wife bought my large for me for fathers day & I told her she never had to ever get me anything else again unless it was another one. He felt he may have hit a nerve the way I reacted. I told him being a egger is priceless & I am still waiting for that MasterCard commercial !!!! :cheer:

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    How about a good old fashion tar and feathering? :woohoo: :silly: :woohoo:
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Actually we should all be glad he gave it away - a neglected egg is a crime. Besides if he was too challenged by a BGE that dude has other issues as well - steer clear of him since that simple minded gasser might go postal on you!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Introduce him to the forum. Especially a day with a lot of pics. He'll be pi$$ed.

Mike
  • Wilby
    Wilby Posts: 155
    too much trouble! :woohoo: Obviously your co-worker never had anything come off an egg. Once you cook on the egg there is no going back to gas grills.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    my guess is you both have one thing in common, each thinks the other is nuts....... If anything, you should be hacked that he did not wait to give it to you......LOL

T
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    not having an egg is it's own punishment . to be charitable...we all make mistakes and he made one.. since i am not a charitable guy, i suspect he is lazy and un-imagingative, given to instant gratification, resitant to change and a product of our fast food planned obsolescence culture. some where a village his village is waiting ,
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Agree, Having to eat off a gasser the rest of your life is punishment enough. You might give him a SMALL sample from the Egg from time to time. Sort of the " tip of your finger dipped in water to the tip of his tounge" deal! :evil:
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    lets be really mean, find out what he likes to eat and then cook it on the egg and give him just a little
  • I'm a great believer in disposing of anything you don't use or need. It's not only good for the environment, it also generates good karma.

Earlier this year I gave my top of the line Weber kettle to a friend who is a bit down on his luck these days. The day after I gave it to him, I found my spare car key that had been missing for weeks - replacement cost was a cool $400+ :ohmy:

So if this karma thing holds true, your friend can probably expect a big lottery win.
  • Some folks live to eat annd others eat to live. Sounds to me like hefalls in the latter as Eggers live to eat
  • TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Big E, cook for him if you haven't already. For he and his wife. I don't think you will have to say anything at all after that.
  • Big E
    Big E Posts: 51
    Sorry about that folks on the slow reply, had to some errands today. I like alot of these ideas & believe me he is in for some toture for a long time. Thanks for the forum idea Mike, I like it. Now I am going to go inject my pork loin for tomorrows cook. :lol: :woohoo: