Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Med nest instructions needed

Options
thillin
thillin Posts: 33
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got a used med nest from a fellow egger here. My issue is I tried to put it together and it's not level. It wobbles. I'm not sure if 1 or 2 of the ends of the bottom X bracket goes on top of the side bars. Is there a difference in any of the 4 verticle pieces? Anyone have instructions or pics that could help?

Thanks
Ty

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Hey Ty,
    Glad to see you on the forum.I wish I took a pic before taking the nest apart.I'm sure that would have helped you out a bunch.My bad :blush: .I am looking for the original paperwork right now.I hope I can find it for you.I tried to ship it altogether but was way to expensive.I'll see what I can find.I am sorry for any trouble.
    Doug
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Sorry man,I can't find any paperwork.I know that JLOCKHART29 has a medium with nest.He can probably help.
  • James MB
    James MB Posts: 359
    Options
    Strangely enough I was looking for guidance too.
    The instructions that came with my med nest go like this:

Make up one half flat on a kind surface using the upper and lower cross braces that do not have bumps in and just hand tighten the nuts.

Do the same fr the other half but don't put the upper brace on. btw the "bumps" face down ie they go under the equivalent on the other one.

Put the first half castors up and then add the second half , add the upper cross brace and bolt together with the short clinch studs in the middle. Tighten the middle cinch bolts only. turn upright, add egg and tighten rest of nuts.

In answer to your question all four "outer" pieces are indentical. (Main risers)

In terms of the "order" at each joint

The top joint should be in the order, from centre out, main vertical riser, cross brace, riser brace.

This gives a nice smooth interior for the egg.

On the lower joint from top down, riser brace, cross brace, main vertical riser, castor.

My question is the order at the lower joint. One diagram shows it the way I describe above, the other seems to show it, from top down, as Main riser, riser brace, cross brace, castor.

I hope this helps - good luck!