Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Coal

Marc  from IL
Marc from IL Posts: 499
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought some Wicked Good lump. I must say this stuff is awesome. Its burning consistent and very little ash. I was using Cowboy to start with,witch I think is crap compared to this stuff. I have been using Royal Oak, I like it as well. I like Wicked best so far ,mostley because of little ash left.
Marc

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Where did you find Wicked Good around here???
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • I found the Wicked at the CharcoalStore.com They had free shipping so loaded up on some supplies.
  • Scubadog
    Scubadog Posts: 100
    That Wicked Good better be some great stuff. I just checked out the charcoalstore.com site. The 6.6 lb bag sells for $4.95 or you can buy the 6 pack for $49.95 with "free shipping. " So the reality is that you are paying almost double for the lump or an extra $20 for the shipping. Anyway you look at it, it's $25 for 20lbs. The USA made Royal Oak is $10 for 20lbs and available at Wally World.
  • Until you have tried Wicked Good you are missing out. I've used it almost exclusively for 10 years now and seldom use anything else. Low ash production, hot burning, long burning.

And if you can ever find the WG Competition Blend don't ask questions buy it whatever the price. It's the best there ever was.

I use WG Weekend Warrior blend now.

http://www.wickedgoodcharcoal.com/
  • Scubadog
    Scubadog Posts: 100
    I was just pointing out that charcoalstore.com doesn’t really offer free shipping. I personally use wood chips to influence flavor. The amount of residual ash and burn characteristics that I get from USA Royal Oak is just dandy with me. Just my humble opinion.
  • Yes! I agree the Wicked I bought was expensive. But I wanted to try it as I have heard it is good stuff. I dont think I will be buying it everytime as its hard to find locally and I like to try other stuff also. Unless I can find a good deal on the Wicked. I think I need to find a good buy on some good lump and buy a pallet.
    I must say with Wicked its the first time I had my egg temp maxed-out for searing and it didn't take long at all.
    Marc