Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dem Bones

Options
SmokeChef
SmokeChef Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
goodeatin.JPG
<p />Dem bones sure taste good off of the BGE! About 3 hours - start to finish. Next project, pulled pork. Any suggestions for my first butt?[p]SmokeChef

Comments

• ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Options
    SmokeChef,
    Dem ribs look mighty fine mon!

• Dec
    Dec Posts: 70
    Options
    SmokeChef,[p]I did some pork shoulders a little different than my usual process. I went to the store and bought four 5 to 6 pounders. I removed the fat caps, then I put the pork into a medium size glad bag and dumped and mixed a rub mixture of garlic powder, brown sugar, pepper, and a little Montreal steak seasoning. The pork went straight from the bag onto the grill direct. I also added some pecan chunks to the coals. The process up to this point took about 15 minutes.
    After I returned from my appointment six hours latter I took the pork off the grill and let them rest for an hour. After they were cool enough to handle I shredded the meat into four different plastic bags. One was given to my parents, sister, and a friend. They all said that this batch was the best one that I had done. I had to agree with them.
    It amazed me at how well it turned out. I will be doing it this way from now on. No more complicated 26 ingredient, mustard rubbed, indirect, all day jobs in my near future.[p]Good day,[p]Dec

• SmokeChef,[p]Where did you get that table?