Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Sad Day in Eggville

Options

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    "lets face, you f$*$ed up!! you trusted us!"

"was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor?!". .. .."HELL NO" ...

"germans?"

"forget it, he's on a roll" . ...
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Got your message, Damon - thanks. Let's plan something indeed. How does the latter part of March sound? I've got some traveling for school training and spring break before then but that last couple of weeks in March are looking more open. Shoot me an email.

jason
  • TRex
    Options
    The Double Wood was a good friend last night. ;)
  • TRex
    Options
    I should have remembered who the brains are behind that Chicken Coop - thanks Judy!!

jason
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Well I would cook in the bath tub, with the fan on, let them figure out that one. Is there a rule for BBQ's in the bathroom?
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    we will be happy to indulge your eggless cooking , personally i find your photos and culinary creativity inspiring. when mike in abita's egg broke i did my best to help ease his pain by drinking abita beer. [hard to find here in PA] i would like to extend a similar offer to you please choose from the below pictured options and i will do my best this evening.
    sincerely,
    bill

ribeye2015.jpg
  • Angie2B
    Angie2B Posts: 543
    Options
    I feel so bad for you... :(
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Do ya think we got enough posts in this thread???...doh..I DO feel for TRex..in fact I was one of the first to post a response to his unfortunate malady...but hey..this is outta hand now..what 100 posts or somethin?? :blink: :blink: buncha good posts got buried today with all the fervor over this :sick:
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    City slicker......don't know the difference between an egret and a heron! :woohoo:
  • Angie2B
    Angie2B Posts: 543
    Options
    Personally, I'm glad how many of the "Old Guard" posted on this thread and it was nice hearing from them.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    double wood, huh? i'm lucky if i get one in the morning.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • TRex
    Options
    Sorry, my friend - wasn't my intention to start something that would irritate you. In addition to a great resource this forum is also a family - that's part of what makes it so active, and that's why I posted this news here.

Meanwhile, your post has generated two more - ooops! ;)

Eggless but not friendless,

TRex
  • stike
    Options
    you'll enjoy this, max....

my seven year old son is making a card for a neighbor kid's birthday party. it's a "planet" party, kid likes the planets.

so H makes a card and starts giggling. i ask him what he wrote, and he can barely talk from the laughing as he turns it around to show me.

"Happy Birthday from Uranus"

hahaah

i bit my lip and did the stern, "ow, buddy,. that's not appropriate." then i took it upstairs and his mother and i laffed our asses off.
  • TRex
    Options
    Actually, I have thought about removing the grate from my fireplace and putting the Mini in there. Do you think I could swing that?
  • TRex
    Options
    I'll take the Dalwhinnie please!
  • stike
    Options
    dude. i went to their website. what's with the music? sounded like that royalty free stuff they use in cinemax softcore movies. i mean, i would IMAGINE that's what it sounds like.

i checked out their picture gallery, and sure enough, nothing but roses and perfection. i didn't see any grills anywhere.

tried playing around with their floor plan toy. i added a piano to the living room, and could even spin it, but they wouldn't let me add another one. how do they know i ain't maybe lookin to cram my grand piano collection into my one-bed? and when i added a table to the kitchen, i could only put one chair at it. made me feel real sorry for myself.

those folks sound awful uptight.

my vote? G T F O. woo-doggies begots a nice set-up. if you don't take him up on it, i'm gonna. me, the wife, and two boys. if we had space here, you'd be welcome.
  • TRex
    Options
    Thanks Angie - I'll be fine - the oven's just about to get a work out! ;)

Jason
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    consider it done. All those bottles were gifts, but the Dalwhinnie was brought from
    Scotland.
  • NibbleMeThis
    Options
    Dear Mrs. Dee,

I represent Mr. T Rex in the action your organization has pursued against him. It's an infringement on his constitutional rights. It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous.

Please realize that Mr. Rex has not "stored" his Big Green Egg on his patio as alleged in your letter. If you will refer to EGGSHIBIT A, Random House defines the verb "store" as:

EGGSHIBIT A
    –verb (used with object)
    8. to supply or stock with something, as for future use.
    9. to accumulate or put away, for future use (usually fol. by up or away).
    10. to deposit in a storehouse, warehouse, or other place for keeping.

Mr. Rex uses the equipment in question daily, therefore it is not stored....it is USED. Your allegations are baseless. That's deplorable, unfathomable, improbable.

Regards,
    Jackie Chiles
    Attorney At Law

PS: Mr. Rex, who told you to put the balm on? Did I tell you to put the balm on?
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Oh, Man!

Life can be a veritable bitqch!

How 'bout one, last, final cook [after you've moved out, just as the moving van was leaving].

Pull Le Egge close up to the wall, and let 'er rip! Have a real "barn burnin' time."

Then run like hell!

~ ;)
  • stike
    Options
    well. next time, on a new thread after you've had your chance to post a response, please let us know how many additional folks you feel it would be appropriate to post after you
  • Shilomare
    Options
    It is clear that Jason has safely guarded his balcony from intrusions by the local Bear community with the latest in BGE bear trap technology. As Alaskan C can attest, a second egg has clearly discouraged the bears from further brisket stealing in Sitka AK and although it may have caused her accelerated usage of fire starters, the rewards were clearly worth the investment. No further briskets have dissapeared due to bears! Word amongst the bear community traveled all the way to Atlantal as Jason can attest. He has not lost any briskets to bears this past year! It is wrong for the management to place Trex and the apartment community in further danger of beas by removing his BGE bear traps. Just my 2 cents....
  • Shilomare
    Options
    It is clear that Jason has safely guarded his balcony from intrusions by the local Bear community with the latest in BGE bear trap technology. As Alaskan C can attest, a second egg has clearly discouraged the bears from further brisket stealing in Sitka AK and although it may have caused her accelerated usage of fire starters, the rewards were clearly worth the investment. No further briskets have dissapeared due to bears! Word amongst the bear community traveled all the way to Atlantal as Jason can attest. He has not lost any briskets to bears this past year! It is wrong for the management to place Trex and the apartment community in further danger of beas by removing his BGE bear traps. Just my 2 cents....
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    DON'T THEY KNOW WHO YOU ARE MAN! besides an well made egg table is furnature.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the bad news, JF. Hope that you'll be able to work out a new solution so that you can return back to the EggNation.
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Hey Eggtucky, one major point I think you're missing about this forum and one of the things that makes it so cool is the large sense of community. And this thread is a perfect example of that.

There have been folks who've tried for years to sway this forum into their ideal and for all their trying, it hasn't worked yet... best just to roll with it and apply the mantra at the bottom of your post... Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.

Be well!

john
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Just to show how civilized we Eggheads are, not one person mentioned the use of dynamite... LOL

Spring "Huff'n and Puff'n Is Not The Same As Blow'n and Go'n" Chicken
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Well Leroy, I see you have had some time to think how we eggheads should handle the issue. :woohoo:
    A parking lot eggfest would work as well. Complete disruption of the community. Maybe a
    little less damage.
    I had someone steal one of my eggs. WHAT kind of punishment would that require. :laugh:

Mike
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Nah..I wasnt tryin to change anything..and I did not mean to dis to TRex..lord knows we all know of his contributions to this community..I just felt bad for several folks that posted cook results and questions that got no response cuzz their posts were buried in the 'Sad Day' post responses...I'm all good..sorry if I offended anyone...knew I'd get some flames for that post ;) ..oh yeah..and this is yet ONE more!! :blink: :blink:
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    You got a jealous neighbor.

Come on up an visit.. 6 hours away and no one to tell you NOT to cook.